Need help. Problem with A/C

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
My air conditioner is still blowing nice cold air, however, it only blows the air through the defrost and floor vents. I took a look at the backside of the A/C control unit yesterday and all of the vacuum lines and wires are plugged in.

Could I have a bad switch on the control unit? And if so, which switch would it be?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
My guess would be a line or issue with the distibution box and/or the door inside it that's not moving where it should. Eric can probably help better, no coffee yet for me, lol.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
If it is only in the defrost position the control head has lost it's Vac supply. If it also works in the floor position then it is more than likely the control head. Possibly the door's in the heater case but I'd put my money on the control itself. The best way to test the doors is to remove the Vac supply bulk connector from the back of the control and use a piece of vac line and a couple of T's to reroute the Vac supply.

See if the doors will move to the correct position when Vac is applied to each color supply line.

Black is the Vac supply in the Vac bulk connector.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Thanks, I'll try re-routing the vac lines this weekend.

We've been having record heat and a drought here in SW Georgia. So, I've definitely got to get the A/C back to blowing through the dash vents. Feels like the devil himself is riding in the truck with me this past week.

Users who are viewing this thread