NEED HELP!! POPPING AT IDEL AND HESITATING UNDER ACCELERATION.

Keenan_b17

I have a 03 GT with 140k. The car has k&n ram intake, 70mm bbk TB, under drive pulleys, trickflow intake plenum, o/r h-pipe w/ no mufflers, 30lb injectors, 224lph fuel pump and a nitrous express kit that I have only used 4 pounds of nitrous with so far.

Ever since I can remember the car always had a very small putter in the idle. It ran great but recently the car has been popping and sputtering. It pops hard at idle, hesitates the hole time under acceleration and bogs with anything less than a quarter tank.

I have a SCT tuner for the car with no tunes and I used it to adjust the timing, turn off the rear O2’s because the h-pipe, adjust the rpm limit and set the injectors to the 30lb setting. At idle the fuel rail pressure drop is around 38-41. Over 2k rpm it starts to drop to 22-32 and lower then that with more than half throttle.

within the time of this problem I had replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, injectors, coil packs, header gaskets and I’ve even sea foamed it 2 times. I’m running out of ideas on what the problem could be and I’m hoping it’s not something serious.

The car has thrown a code for rich on bank 1 and 2 but today I put the stock injectors back in and returned it to the stock tune and it threw a code for O2 on bank 2 so I checked the resistance on all and both the down streams were the only bad ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Trying to get this fixed ASAP!

Three21

Established Member
You can datalog your fuel pump voltage to see if anything is awry there, but it sounds like it's time for a proper custom tune, the gains and driveability increase are well worth it.

I've used LaSota Racing with great success. He'll have you send him a data log under different loads and will "fine tune" your tune N/A and Nitrous.

Users who are viewing this thread