Need help, pls

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Guys,

I am putting my stock lower pulley back on my car. To make a long story short, I relocated since I took it off. I had to order some parts from Ford, studs and bolts. Now, I can't get the factory belt on and such. Can you guys with the stock lower pulley take a peek under your car for me? Here is what I am after:

1) Belt configuration (I think I have this right.) From the configuration I am looking at, this looks hard to get wrong. With three idler(s) and the position of the tensioner...
2) Location of the upper alternator bolt. It looks like there are two possbile posts on the timing cover that would work. My Metco lower idler bracket mounted to the inner post and the alternator mounter to the outer post. Inner meaning the post closest to the crank, and outer meaning closest to the edge of the timing cover.
3) Bolt/stud configuration on the lower pulley cage. There should be two nuts on the driver and passenger side that secure the cage to the timing cover. Then there are studs/bolts that secure wiring looms. What are these are your cars?

Thanks for any help!

-Allen

Users who are viewing this thread