Need Help Please

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
I am trying to set my fuel/air ratio buy using a temp gauge on my header. I am only trying to do it this way untill I Get down to the dyno and then he can fix it the rest of the way.

My question is what should the temp of the exhaust be right behind the header flange is the a/f ratio is alittle rich? I was thinking somehwere around 500? But realy I do not know. I am using one of those lazer pointer temp sencors.

Thanks all for your time,
Steve

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
No idea, EGT is only really used on diesels and aircraft engines. I'd guess 800-1100* F though, just a guess. You should be fine on the existing tune until you get to the dyno. Congrats on the new motor running?

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I know on a big diesel its not good if it goes to much over 900 but i have no idea what gas motors run at.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I've seen upwards of 1400*+F on the local engine dyno when they're doing a pull. I'll stop by there tomorrow and see what they think "normal" is.

Let us in on the progress of the new mill Steve.

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
well the new motor is going to be sitting in my grage in about 3 more weeks. I can't wait!!!! Fade I think your guess at 800-1100 is close, I set it at 1000 and when he got the a/f gauge on it it was 11.2 so he left it alone for now. I told him he needs to lean it out some but he did not want to. so 1100 is most likely on the bullseye

Users who are viewing this thread