Need help please broke idler end!!

painintheass

Established Member
Hello:

I'm replacing my idlers today and had trouble removing stock ilder next to power steering pump. I took the bolt off and it wouldn't move. Banged it with a rubber mallet, still nothing. Took a screw driver and tried to pry it off, nothing. Got a mini pry and yah it came off alright. The shaft that the idler rides on broke off. MAN OH MAN IM SO SCREWED!!

What do I do now? How do I fix this?

Thank you

painintheass

Established Member
Here's a picture:

p5230231.jpg

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
Exactly what I was saying!! I'm thinking the only way posible is JB weld it and bolt the SOB up and see what happens. :(

Ummm... NO!

There are a few options.

How much of the bolt is sticking out? If you have a decent amount of the bolt sticking out you could try and twist it out with vice grips. If that doesn't work, you could try and weld a nut onto the end and get it out.

If there's nothing sticking out, you'll need a reverse drill bit. Drill into the bolt, when you go to remove the bit, the bolt will likely come with it, if it doesn't, there are bolt extraction kits that will allow you to thread something into the hole you made with the drill, which will then allow you to work it out.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Last edited:

Redfirecobra04

Established Member

painintheass

Established Member
Pulley bridge okay got it, thank you. Yikes on the price!!! Better safe than sorry though :)

Users who are viewing this thread