Need help piecing together a Twin Turbo kit

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
So I plan on piecing together a twin turbo kit for my 2012 GT and I really don't know what I need and could use some help. I know that I will need two turbos, two wastegates, an intercooler, a blow off valve and thats all I know. I know I definitely need more but can't find anywhere to give me specifics. If it helps, I would like to run 10 PSI at the track, 5-7 PSI on the street and hopefully 0-1 PSI on long car trips to bank on the good MPG. Thanks!

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
you need to figure out how you are going to make the turbo kit before you go buying parts. Who is going to make the headers, down pipe, piping etc. after you figure that out then i would buy parts

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
I'm here looking for suggestions to a list of what I need and what brand or anything. Can I run twin turbos on the stock manifolds or will I definitely need shorties?

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I'm here looking for suggestions to a list of what I need and what brand or anything. Can I run twin turbos on the stock manifolds or will I definitely need shorties?

Unless you mount your turbo under the car then no stock or aftermarket header will work.

MXKON

Established Member
Stop and research

I am by no means an expert on mustangs or turbos, but unless you are in deep consideration for a rear mount turbo setup, I have the feeling that asking this question mean you really need to spend a few hours reading some of the threads on this forum about existing single and twin installs & kits.

Just read through some of the general F.I. threads and get a sense for how much you can afford to build up the rest of the block before even thinking about the rest of the TT kit, and as another guy said above, "who is going to do the fabrication?", that is probably the 2nd step after a min 3hrs of reading.

As I said, I am no expert, but unless you have a good idea what you are doing already, or are extremely close with someone with a serious auto shop, I would be amazed if you could build your own kit, and not destroy your car for under $4k (less then a lot of the F.I. kits out there I know, but food for thought).

DSargent09

Established Member
Buy the on3 kit. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BUILD OR PIECE TOGETHER A KIT, sorry but its clear you have no idea the amount of fabrication required to make two turbos and bovs and waste gates work. They dont just bolt on....

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
Thanks for the information guys. I would love to purchase a complete kit but am not really impressed with the kits out there. The Hellion twin turbo kit is great but the price isn't right. I know that I can build a kit for cheaper and still get pretty good quality. I'm not looking to spend 9K+ for Helion or Armageddon but I am not trying to be cheap with an On3 kit. I have estimated about 5-6K for the custom kit. I don't think I will need to build the motor right away because I am just gonna run probably 5 PSI. I believe I have picked out the Turbonetics 7675 precision turbos but need brand and model suggestions for a blow off valve and also wastegates that can be electronically controlled. I will keep reading but if you have any tips please feel free to share them. Thanks again guys!

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
lol twin 7675 turbos. Please just delete this thread, you need to research research research. No one will fab you up a nice kit for cheaper then 6500-7500, unless you have a friend that can and willing to do free labor lol. If they do then it will be shotty work and it will just fall apart. twin 7675 turbo are complete overkill and would not work well on what you are trying to accomplish, you cannot use factory headers or any other set unless you put the turbos under the car, then you will need a scavenger pump. Your way in over your head you do not have the know how to make a setup work. I would look into a paxton or vortech kit since you have 5k to play with. Im not meaning to sound rude or anything it is just facts.

BV600

Established Member
Have you looked at th cast 5.0 headers? I think they come on the trucks looks like the offer slot of room for piping flipped forward

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Twin 7675's.....um is this a 10.5 car?

Stock motor then I hope that is a joke....

Turbonetics 7675 precision turbos is that like the Ford Corvette?

OP, I think trying to "build" a kit that you don't have much clue what is going on will end up being a giant waste of time.

If anything, buy the ON3 kit, dump the turbos for a set of 62's on and a nice gate and BOV.

OP this is ONE 7675 that I am helping a friend put on, built motor and E85 and looking for 1000+ and you want TWO of them on a stock motor car? Fitting 2 of them in the engine bay alone would be hard....

AFE73405-DD1B-489F-87A6-0A6FF6ED4365_zpsawtmkpvp.jpg

Last edited:

chao5.0

Established Member

that's what I was thinking, that's the same turbo JPC has in their single kit. if he builds this (highly unlikely) it will be laggy on the street.

nosscort

Established Member

OP, I think trying to "build" a kit that you don't have much clue what is going on will end up being a giant waste of time.

If anything, buy the ON3 kit, dump the turbos for a set of 62's on and a nice gate and BOV.

OP this is ONE 7675 that I am helping a friend put on, built motor and E85 and looking for 1000+ and you want TWO of them on a stock motor car? Fitting 2 of them in the engine bay alone would be hard....

nice who is doing Billy's Fab work?

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
Wow I don't know what I read then because the 7675 is not what I thought! I messed up. If I buy the On3 kit, what brand and model of turbos should I get? And would I be fine to run TurboSmarts wastegates and their BOVs?

chao5.0

Established Member
Wow I don't know what I read then because the 7675 is not what I thought! I messed up. If I buy the On3 kit, what brand and model of turbos should I get? And would I be fine to run TurboSmarts wastegates and their BOVs?

if you get the ON 3 kit swap out the turbos for something in the 62-67mm range depending on your goals and get some good wastegates and BOV's.

03_snakebite

Established Member

Is this the 8sec cars heart? Looks hella nice Might b some fun shit in de after all.

Users who are viewing this thread