Need Help , Picking Tuner.

Sn951997SVT

Established Member
Good evening

I would like to pick everyone’s brain on here , so I can decide the right tuner for my (1997 cobra svt 4.6L ).

It’s all stock other than 3.73 rear and 18 inch tires.

What tuner do ya’ll think would be best?

Thank You

Sn951997SVT

Established Member
My daughter is gonna be driving it in a little while and I want to calibrate the speedometer for my 3.73 gears and also lower the max speed. Till she gets familiar with driving it.

Sn951997SVT

Established Member
Okay thank you for the Information

If able , which tuner would be best for lowering the the max speed on my cobra , which tuner do you think would be best?

Thank You

decipha

Established Member
On the 05+ which are drive by wire you simply limit the max throttle angle at a given rpm for a perfect limiter for kids.

On the older stuff its best to limit power by using the cold spark clip and set it so over half throttle you start loosing power.

If your not trying to make power and its just a kid putting around she should run 87 octane with an 87 octane tune.

Sn951997SVT

Established Member
On the 05+ which are drive by wire you simply limit the max throttle angle at a given rpm for a perfect limiter for kids.

On the older stuff its best to limit power by using the cold spark clip and set it so over half throttle you start loosing power.

If your not trying to make power and its just a kid putting around she should run 87 octane with an 87 octane tune.
Thank You for pointing me in the right direction.

mike9812121298

Hey im looking for info on how to buy the f3v2 chip? Do you know anyone that sells these?

Users who are viewing this thread