Need help picking cai

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I have spent lots of time going through threads only to confuse myself more. I'm looking for a CAI. I have heard that some of the intakes that relocate the filter in the fender can give problems to the MAF because of the bend right before the sensor. I need it to be "50 states legal" as I live in Crapafornia and it will have to pass smog. This intake will be feeding a 140 Whipple at 16-17 psi in the not so distant future. I have looked into the JTL intakes but they are not 50-state legal. Any sugestions? I don't want the ones with the exposed filter under the hood as those are not really a "cold air intake". I was looking at the MAC or UPR.

Last edited:

yellowgt02

Established Member
I have spent lots of time going through threads only to confuse myself more. I'm looking for a CAI. I have heard that some of the intakes that relocate the filter in the fender can give problems to the MAF because of the bend right before the sensor. I need it to be "50 states legal" as I live in Crapafornia and it will have to pass smog. This intake will be feeding a 140 Whipple at 16-17 psi in the not so distant future. I have looked into the JTL intakes but they are not 50-state legal. Any sugestions? I don't want the ones with the exposed filter under the hood as those are not really a "cold air intake". I was looking at the MAC or UPR.

I wouldnt be too worried about "cold air"

Use an intake that will have enough airflow. Alot of people run K&N Intakes with no problems. Even Stiegmeier recommends on his ported setups to run a straight shot style intake.

Users who are viewing this thread