Need Help/Opinion With Cobra Value

jaan2483

Established Member
I came across a 2003 Cobra DSG with 21,818 miles. The only mods reported are a JLT RAM intake. The condition of the paint and body look to be great. The interior looks to be just as nice. Its Carfax is clean with only two owners and no reported issues. The dealer is asking $28,900. I feel like it's too high. I offered $24000 and he said that my offer wasn't even close to what they'd consider entertaining. He said, "typically the maximum we can negotiate is a few hundred to put a deal together". What is everyone's opinion? Am I too low, or are they too high???

MG0h3

Established Member
I think they're a little high. Could see maybe 25-26.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Zemedici

Established Member
you'd be surprised

ass for every seat

if they're asking more than you're willing to pay, move on. There's more cars out there

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I am usually amazed at how much some dealers ask, and then how little some individuals will take. There are deals to be had if you are patient, although they aren't usually close by it seems.

I got tired of looking and paid a little too much, but it was exactly what I wanted, in the condition and mileage I wanted, and right in my zip code.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
I bought my Mercedes on a Friday with cash, the salesman questioned the manager and got “ you want paid don’t you? “ car sold

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
That's too high for sure. There are plenty out there similar miles in the mid $20s. You made a fair offer!

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
That's fairly low mileage but that's not a 29k car.
Too many cars on the market to take it in the shorts on this one.
Winter is coming, prices will drop some, keep on looking & don't get in a hurry.
The market here has some good cars to choose from at times.
Good luck with the search!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Yup, too high. Just like mentioned above, winter is coming.. Prices will drop 2-3k over the next couple of months.

some people get desperate around the holidays.

jaan2483

Established Member
After my $24K offer was turned down, I was thinking of offering somewhere between $25K and $26K. Someone commented yesterday the same thing. How does a price upwards of $26K sound? I've been looking for a Cobra for a long time and am relatively familiar with normal, fair pricing with respect to the various factors of mileage/mods/condition etc, but figured it's never a bad thing to check with others who are in the know; especially since many out there probably have better insight and actual experience; the latter of which I have none.

zredfire04

Established Member
It's too much. They want GT500 money for that car. If they already said they'd only negotiate down a few hundred, walk. Make sure the sales manager has your number. When he calls you, offer him 23 out the door and not a penny more. If he doesn't call, no worries...there are other fish. After all the fees & taxes you'll be $30k in that car.

Users who are viewing this thread