need help on throttle body and maf

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
Hey guys. i just picked up an 04 cobra and im getting it tuned on thursday. the previous owner tuned it but not sure how his tune is so im doing it just to be safe, however i had a question or two. the car has a 2.76 upper pulley, cai, full exhaust. lts, xpipe and borla stiners.the car has the stock maf and throttle body.

i was planning on putting a whipple on it in the near future, but that not for a couple of years. the car only has 4k miles on it so not really in that big of a rush, i was just wondering what size throttle body i should get for the tune, and the what size maf. also, i read that i dont need to upgrade the maf. not sure about that. is it even worth changing the throttle body and maf or should i just wait till i put the whipple set up on.

any help would be greatley appreciated.

thanks
steve

cj428mach

Established Member
If you're going to go Whipple go with the Accufab or one of the other SBTBs. If you think there is a chance of going tvs I'd wait and get the GT500tb which only fits the tvs.

As for the MAF I'd probably do the SCT2600. I personally have the VMP 100MM slot MAF conversion and I love it.

big dad

Established Member
Somewhat similar to my car except I have a 2.8 upper only with an Apten ported blower and a stock ported T-body. Also have Borla stingers and stock midpipe and Afe CAI.

Before I had it dyno tuned I changed the MAF to a Granatelli BA2400, replaced the stock pumps with upgraded Walbro GT supercar pumps and a modified FPDM. I also upgraded the alt. to a Ford racing with a 3.5" pulley and a cooling mod. Car has 2000 miles on it. Tuned with an SCT X4. I didn't want to take any chances with running into a lean condition. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread