need help on spending money

blownsvt

Established Member
ok i have $1500 to spend. my mods are chip, 92mm mass air w/ CAI, 6lb pulley (on truck), also have a 4lb pulley, ported blower, FTVB, oil seperator, boost bypass, electric fan kit, and a heat exchanger. i've thought about putting a racetested 75 shot on with supporting mods (fuel pump, plugs etc.). i've also thought about cams or a torque convertor. give me suggestions!

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
id upgrade stock things like, big radiator, electric water pump, you know stuff like that

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Make check payable to Bob Browning, I'll take $1258.37 please or just leave it blank and I will fill it in for you.

What all do you already have so we know what you need?

J/K BTW

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Sell it all and buy

30679-559-27305.jpg

If you dont want to do that (why would you not?) I loved the way my truck launched with a 2400 converter. It cut my 60ft time down to 1.64

blownsvt

Established Member
ID 10 T said:
Make check payable to Bob Browning, I'll take $1258.37 please or just leave it blank and I will fill it in for you.

What all do you already have so we know what you need?

J/K BTW
thats a good idea! then i can just get a tax write off for a donation. whats your address?.............

no j/k....good try though :lol:

blownsvt

Established Member
mhays26 said:
Sell it all and buy

30679-559-27305.jpg

If you dont want to do that (why would you not?) I loved the way my truck launched with a 2400 converter. It cut my 60ft time down to 1.64

yeah right! a turbo would be nice. what kind of torque converter are you running and how much did that knock off your 1/4 mile time?

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
I say either the Lts, for the exhaust or converter. The converter is going to help track times, but the LTs will relieve some boost possibly helping the motor. After reading ALOT of old posts, I think we waste alot of money on things that dont help a whole lot. People were running 10s without some mods that we consider a must, but that cost a lot, and obviously dont help out for the price they are. Like the plenum and t/b. That being said, I had them both on my truck before going turbo, now Im using the stock t/b, or at least will be when it gets going again

blownsvt

Established Member
mhays26 said:
I say either the Lts, for the exhaust or converter. The converter is going to help track times, but the LTs will relieve some boost possibly helping the motor. After reading ALOT of old posts, I think we waste alot of money on things that dont help a whole lot. People were running 10s without some mods that we consider a must, but that cost a lot, and obviously dont help out for the price they are. Like the plenum and t/b. That being said, I had them both on my truck before going turbo, now Im using the stock t/b, or at least will be when it gets going again
exactly. thats why im kind of stuck. i dont want to pay that much for a TB and headers are kind of expensive too for the power you get. thats why i havent put an exhaust on the truck. when i bought it, it had flowmaster mufflers and thats it. i guess im just wanting to get the most gain for my money. thanks for the reply :beer:

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I would go with a good nitrous kit if you want the most bang for your buck and a stall converter. That is if you can get a good price on them, but if you can't I would go with the converter first.

Users who are viewing this thread