*NEED HELP on getting a motor shipped*

Untamed Snake

Redfire Terminator
Established Member
im about to buy an 04 complete cobra motor and i have to get it shipped from seattle washington to my house in louisiana and was wondering what would be the best and cheaptest way to go???

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
It won't be cheap any way you look at it. But the last motor I shipped I built a shipping crate out of 2 X 4's. I used bolts and built it so the engine mounted solid to the crate. I also make it so a fork lift had room to slide it's forks under it. It made it in perfect condition.

I've also seen shipping "containers" welded together out of angle iron.

You may have the shipper look around and see if he can find a local company that ships engines and see if he can buy something.

You will have to ship it freight. Try and use a company that can haul it the whole way without having to transfer it to different companies along the way.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Try these guys. I have used them to ship an engine, a welder and a transmission at a reasonable cost. I was very happy with the service. They were 1/2 the price of Yellow or Roadway when I got quotes, and they have a reputation for helping the little guy get it done. You will get the best price if you ship from business to business, and they will come out and pick it up. You will also have to secure it on a pallet. Ask for Stephanie as she is on mission when it comes to helping you make it happen!

Users who are viewing this thread