Need help on finding good exhaust for a bike

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
To make a long story short I'm working on a project at school that involves a Honda F4 motor. I need to know what the best high performance pipe and muffler are to get for racing purposes. I'm not too familar with bikes so I'm kinda at loss with which brands are best. Any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Coiled03

Established Member
For Honda's, people usually run with Two Brothers Racing. But there are plenty of good brands out there: Akrapovic, D&D, Micron, Yoshimura, etc...

Myself, if I was going full out racing, I'd probably go with Akrapovic.

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
Hey thanks a lot. I actually have heard of Two Brother's Racing, but I have also heard they are extremely loud. This is going on our Formula SAE car here at school and there are regulations on noise level but I'm gonna check them out.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
85sTaNg said:
Hey thanks a lot. I actually have heard of Two Brother's Racing, but I have also heard they are extremely loud. This is going on our Formula SAE car here at school and there are regulations on noise level but I'm gonna check them out.

Dont get the D&D...I have it on my ZX12R. and it is way to loud when you get on it.....and I like having loud exhaust.

Get the Akropovic (sp) or the Two Bros slip on......

The Youshimura is nice quality and is quiet at idle and has a great sound from mid range on. My buddy has it on his Busa and sounds nice. I am actually thinking of getting rid of my D&D......

Last edited:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
all mufflers are going to net you the same performance, that being close to none. the only difference is the sound. if you want performance you need header back plus a tune.
for a header back id go with the akrapovic. if you want just a muffler i have the two bros on my honda and it is pretty loud, a yoshi is nice slip on and a lot quiter

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
i'm trying to get my school started with a formula sae team in the next few years. we're probably going to be coming up to the competition this year to check it out. what school do you go to? like everyone else said to get the most gains from an exhaust you really have to start with headers, the bike engines are already engineered to produce the most power reliably available so any more power you can wring out of it is hard to find and usually very expensive

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
bettner12 said:
i'm trying to get my school started with a formula sae team in the next few years. we're probably going to be coming up to the competition this year to check it out. what school do you go to? like everyone else said to get the most gains from an exhaust you really have to start with headers, the bike engines are already engineered to produce the most power reliably available so any more power you can wring out of it is hard to find and usually very expensive

I go to Drexel University. I don't think we are planning to purchase an actual exhaust system. I was just trying to get some ideas for good designs since we design and build just about everything on the car (kinda the point of having the team at school). Right now I beilve we need improvement on making the exhuast lighter and a little better performing so I'm gonna see what's out there.

Users who are viewing this thread