Need help on choosing TB for fox body

Klay

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a 93 mustang gt and I believe my stock throttle body needs to be replaced. I figured I might as well get an aftermarket one and improve my performance. So what kind of brands work well and is 65mm about the size I should get? I have little knowledge about this particular subject and would appreciate any help.

Neverlift

scotchy scotch scotch
Established Member
Accufab makes a great throttlebody, you might consider upgrading your mass air meter while you at it. Pro-M 75mm should do. The 2 together should get a few more horses.

Klay

Established Member
ok thanks for the input guys, I will see about upgrading the mass air meter too when I get a new throttle body.

RocketCouch

Established Member
Sorry to hijack here although looks like original poster got his question answered.

Is going to a 75mm throttle body on a stock car a bad move? I know on the 4.6's it hurts performance by going too big. I'm planning on a Hellion kit in the next year and found a deal on a 75mm piece. Opinions?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
RocketCouch said:
Sorry to hijack here although looks like original poster got his question answered.

Is going to a 75mm throttle body on a stock car a bad move? I know on the 4.6's it hurts performance by going too big. I'm planning on a Hellion kit in the next year and found a deal on a 75mm piece. Opinions?

your engine can only pump so much air with stock heads, intake, and cam so yeah, don't go too big. I only went to a 70mm with edelbrock heads, ported cobra intake, and an N-412 cam.

Users who are viewing this thread