need help on camaro

blksnakebite97

Established Member
my friend is trading his truck today for an 88 camaro with and rebuilt tranny with a shift kit, and a 71 corvette motor in it, the guy says it need the line from the tranny to the rear end hooked up, i dont understand what it does, he says when you hit the brakes the tranny will sense it and drain the tranny fluid into the pan, and he said something about draining the torque converter, also the brake lights wont work without it.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
if anyone cares he is trading his 91 stepside k1500 primer grey, cowl hood, with no muffler 350, 5 speed, 190k. for a 88 camaro irocz 4 speed auto b and m shift kit, 71 vette motor, nice paint and tranny has 50 miles on jasper rebuild. who is getting the better deal lol. car cold started last night 30 degree weather no choke right when the key turned.:banana::pepper::rockon:

blksnakebite97

Established Member
i know im asking questions about the enemy but i dont want him to get a car then blow the tranny in a week. just a little help would b nice has anyone ever heard of this

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Are you sure it's not the tranny cooler lines as thats all I can think of on this???
As again like the previous post mentioned there isn't nothing the tranny needs to be hooked up to in the rear???

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
my friend is trading his truck today for an 88 camaro with and rebuilt tranny with a shift kit, and a 71 corvette motor in it, the guy says it need the line from the tranny to the rear end hooked up, i dont understand what it does, he says when you hit the brakes the tranny will sense it and drain the tranny fluid into the pan, and he said something about draining the torque converter, also the brake lights wont work without it.

MORE INFO NEEDED

The only thing that I would say is the tranny lines need to be hooked up to the radiator.Unless it has a after market trans cooler then run the lines to it.What stall converter does the iroc have in it as I and my brother have had bad luck with high stall converters (3k stall)and stock 700r4's.Ive been through 2 and my brother 5 of the 700r4's.The brake lights run off the switch on the brake pedal so never mind that.

Last edited:

blksnakebite97

Established Member
thanks for the help guys but im with u i never thought there is anything else that needed to be connected, the guy says when the brakes go on it drains the fluid into the pan, and it has to do with taking the computer out and putting in the carb motor.

4valvemach

Established Member
What about the TV cable(throttle valve) but that still does not go to the rear end.It does control line pressure,shift feel and shift timing as well as part throttle and detent down shifts.It goes from the carburetor/TBI (Throttle Body Injected)in this case caburetor down to the transmission.When ever the TV cable has been disconnected frm the carb/TBI it MUST BE ADJUSTED AFTER INSTALLATION.

I have done a few TBI camaros/firebirds to a carb and only had to
1.get a carbureted throttle cable
2.hook a manual fuel pump up
3.remove fuel pump out of tank

If you want a turbo 350 trans you need a cross member and drive shaft out of a 82 camaro/firebird.Because it came with a 200c trans which is the same length and bolt pattern as a th350

Users who are viewing this thread