Need help on belt situation

Vinny575hp

Established Member
I just recently put on the 4pc BF idler kit with the snub and with the 2.93 size supercharger pulley. I was told a 75 5/8" belt would fit and I just spent 3 hrs with only success on slamming my knuckles into parts of the engine. Does anyone have this set up and have a belt size that fits with ease. The BF belt chart says 75.5" and I don't think that is going to be long enough either, and to add to my issues tonight, the pulleys are all tightened down pretty tight but they still have very little play on side to side movement without a belt on them. Is this normal?

Vinny575hp

Established Member
I tried to even put the old belt back on that was a little longer and I couldn't even get that on even without the snub idler on.

joshcarp81

Established Member
When I last installed a belt that wouldn't go on normally I took the idler pulley off, the belt was routed. I put tension on tensioner belt in place and put pulley back on. It worked for me. Someone in the past mentioned using string to get a length also.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
You sure your belt is long enough? I believe stock length will fit if you do a 2.76 upper. But with a 2.93 you might need something longer.

Vinny575hp

Established Member
I tried to put the stock belt back on and it wouldn't fit again. The pulleys are the same size just only difference is old to new condition and the belt would barley fit even with out the snub idler on, if I put that on then there is no way it would fit

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Also the BF pulley kit is not the same size. 3 of them are 100mm instead of the stock 90mm. They make your belt length longer.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I have a gates belt for this setup in my garage I will try and get you the part number or I could send you the belt if you need it I switched to a 2.76 pulley last year.

Vinny575hp

Established Member
I had BF pulleys on before and they were the same ones I just bought new and just put on and tried using the same belt but the belt wouldn't fit anymore

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
No but I didn't have the snub on while trying to put on the old belt

That might explain why it's not fitting you added a snub idler. I did not get that online if your post was referring to the part number I gave you. That is the number on the belt I took off my Cobra when I switched to the 2.76 BF upper from my 2.93 I also have four BF idlers. If you want the belt just pay shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread