Need Help!!!!! Nitrous

TRUSVT

Established Member
Hey guys need a little help. I am looking to put a nitrous set up on my car, and had a few questions. I have a 98 Cobra, bolt ons, was wanting to run between a 75 and 100 shot. Wondering which is better for my motor dry or wet. I know they say wet seems to be better for the motor, but i am on a fresh rebuild and just want max performance. Also if anyone has pics or a step by step process explaining how to hook it up that would be awesome. I also was wondering what would be the best tune for it? Dyno??? Just let me know, i am a newb to the nitrous and am looking for some help/suggestions.
Thanks
Myles

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
100shot wet with stock setup no problems. Since your on a forged rebuild? I'm assuming anyhow. You could spray a 200 wet for massive results, however don't spray anything over 100 without getting tuned. (DYNO tuned)

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
Wet shot is the safest and fairly simple to hook up. For 100 shot or less, no tune needed, just some colder plugs. If you want to get every once of power out of it you can, then a good dyno tune would be the prefered way to go.

jstevens

Established Member
Wet is only the best at about 150 and up.
You have to watch for puddling. Dry is better, but get a tune by someone who knows what their doing. Better safe than sorry.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
fuel puddling can be eliminated by using a window switch. They are cheap so fuel puddling should not even be a factor when considering what style of kit to buy.

Go NX hands down. If you find a good deal on an NOS setup then that will work too.

Wet is safer. You dont need a tune really.....with just a 100 shot. If you go with a dry kit then youll need to buy some bigger fuel injectors and you MUST get a tune with a dry setup. Wet kits make more power and torque. .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread