Need help msd window switch for nitrous

Liln2o

Established Member
I seem to be getting a shitty signal where are all u guys getting your tach signal from plz any help would be great

Jsmorley81

Established Member
Striped wire on your coil. I believe one is purple and the other is a whitefish color with a stripe on it. That's where I picked up my tach reading for my window switch

Liln2o

Established Member
Well than im good there now trying to figure out why rpm some times jumps around it cuts to like 8k at like 6 k and stuff its being weird have u had any problems

Liln2o

Established Member
Striped wire on your coil. I believe one is purple and the other is a whitefish color with a stripe on it. That's where I picked up my tach reading for my window switch

Ive done the same but my window switch is not working correct it could be a bad box but man it has me going in circles cylinder mode is on 1 it reads the rpms and all but when driving at high rpms it will uump around

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which coil you choose. I hooked mine up to the uncommon colored wire on the 2nd to last coil on the drivers side. Also, make sure you set the box to 1 cylinder when setting it up initially. And one other thing, when you set your RPM points and cylinder style, it will remember the settings. This way you don't have to reset them every time you run it.

Some others on here have said the coil signal is dirty and they have switched to using an injector wire. But others swear by the coil wire. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable guys will chime in on the subject. And FWIW, American Muscle used to have a pdf file showing how one user installed the MSD 8969, but it's no longer on their site. Those instructions state the user tapped into the non common colored wire on the fuel injector harness. I'm pretty sure either method will work.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

Last edited:

Liln2o

Established Member
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter which coil you choose. I hooked mine up to the uncommon colored wire on the 2nd to last coil on the drivers side. Also, make sure you set the box to 1 cylinder when setting it up initially. And one other thing, when you set your RPM points and cylinder style, it will remember the settings. This way you don't have to reset them every time you run it.

Some others on here have said the coil signal is dirty and they have switched to using an injector wire. But others swear by the coil wire. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable guys will chime in on the subject. And FWIW, American Muscle used to have a pdf file showing how one user installed the MSD 8969, but it's no longer on their site. Those instructions state the user tapped into the non common colored wire on the fuel injector harness. I'm pretty sure either method will work.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

Thanks tor the information

clean92lx

Established Member
I am having the same issue with mine. Recently found out the solenoid is only getting 10v with the msd window switch hooked up and when the msd is taken out of the equation, the solenoid sees the full 12v it wants/needs. I contacted BBR and without batting an eye, he said he would get me a new msd box sent out, I just need to send the bad one in first.

Liln2o

Established Member
I am having the same issue with mine. Recently found out the solenoid is only getting 10v with the msd window switch hooked up and when the msd is taken out of the equation, the solenoid sees the full 12v it wants/needs. I contacted BBR and without batting an eye, he said he would get me a new msd box sent out, I just need to send the bad one in first.

I use the msd window switch to supply a ground but off a relay and i also figured out to get the rpm signal from the injecto instead of a coil

CharlieR

Established Member
Mine goes to the negative side of the #8 injector(one with stripe). Could try that but with 10v coming out of the window switch I'm thinking send it back.

Look I made this a #8 thread. Never mind no one uses the search function anymore.

Stole this from another thread in "power adder" section. :). Laugh at my funny because you didn't search. j/K have no cows. :)

clean92lx

Established Member
Yes sir. You get yours working? With 10v out it almost has to be a bad switch.

Runs good with the msd bypassed for now, I'll confirm that on Friday at the track.

OP, Is the spray cutting in and out when you make a hit? try bypassing the msd and see what it does. FYI, apparently the msd window switches are known to be complete garbage. The nitrous package I bought from BBR now includes a NX window switch instead of the msd

Last edited:

Liln2o

Established Member
Runs good with the msd bypassed for now, I'll confirm that on Friday at the track.

OP, Is the spray cutting in and out when you make a hit? try bypassing the msd and see what it does. FYI, apparently the msd window switches are known to be complete garbage. The nitrous package I bought from BBR now includes a NX window switch instead of the msd

The spray was cutting in and out because of a bad rpm signal not because of voltage to the actual nitrous kit besides i use realay for the supplying ground source from the window switch to the nitrous relay

Users who are viewing this thread