NEED HELP! Motor blew!

KingSnakePro

Established Member
To make a long story short Friday I was out having some fun with the car and began to hear a ticking noise coming from the motor. Had some friends check it out and they mentioned a few things that it could have been. I took the car in monday and they finally looked at the car today and said it was a lower end knocking noise. Possible rod bearing? Who knows really until they pull the motor. (This motor is stock, cold air intake and h-pipe with cat-back exhaust, that's it for mods).

I am warrentied until October 10th and they are dicking me around a little bit. They said they are going to have to send a ford guy and to look at the motor to get the ok and fix or replace it. The thing is that it cost $1200 to pull the motor from the deaer. They cover it if the motor is warrentied and I have to pay $1200 if it's not. I told them I will call them in the morning and let them know what I am going to do. My plans are to let them pull the motor and get a guy out to fix the freakin thing!
Let me know what you guys think!

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
whats the issue if your under warrenty?

if the shit is busted they should fix it.

if you dont get good awnsers from that dealer try anouther one.

is that an SVT dealer?

they are going to send a "ford guy" out?
WTF is that. your at a dealer. they should all be ford guys. all the techs are ASE certified and all that good stuff.

If i were you i would tell them you want a new engine out of this.
not a fixed one.
you dont know what kind of internal damage has happened to that thing because of it and niether will they till they open it up.

man ive heard of people busting half shafts and getting a whole new rear end out of it.

and yours is an 01 right? are you under bumper to bumper?
\
I say new engine point blank no other options.
I sure there are some guys on this site that can point you in the right direction as far as numbers to call and people to talk to if you dont get the responce you want from this place.

take it light and hope it works out for you

J

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
same thing happened to mine in jan 03....i was on extended warranty at the time....they sent someone from ford warranty to look, two rod bearing failed, and they replaced the entire engine...i had to pay a 50 dollar deductible.... they also said i would have to pay ~1500 bux for removal/teardown of the engine if the work wasn't covered by warranty

KingSnakePro

Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake
same thing happened to mine in jan 03....i was on extended warranty at the time....they sent someone from ford warranty to look, two rod bearing failed, and they replaced the entire engine...i had to pay a 50 dollar deductible.... they also said i would have to pay ~1500 bux for removal/teardown of the engine if the work wasn't covered by warranty
Thanks for the reply's!

Did you have to pay the $1500?

The is an 01' with 20,000 miles on it with no motor mods, just cold air intake, and exhaust.

Any other opinions?

KingSnakePro

Established Member
I have had all my warrenty work done at this dealer no questions asked. I am warrentied until the 10th and they are really dickin me around. I am going there first thing in the morning to see what they say.

I bought the car used with 15k miles on it, warrenty is under my name and transfered so I hope all works out.

Mattz

Established Member
Wow, wonder what could of caused it. Have you checked the oil in your car? I know my GT spun a few bearings and the oil was pretty low.

stock svt

Modular Doctor
Established Member
HMMM.... that is crazy. Hope they don't jack you around. They should be able to fix it but don't be surprised if you get a reman motor. I just pulled mine to bore it and stroke it and found out it was a reman motor not a new one. I am pissed becuase I bought it used with like 20k ish miles thinking it was the original new motor. Not even going to talk about my missing oil ring and some other minor poor work findings.

Greg

KingSnakePro

Established Member
Originally posted by Mattz
Wow, wonder what could of caused it. Have you checked the oil in your car? I know my GT spun a few bearings and the oil was pretty low.

Oil was ok but might have been on the low side, but this is just such a pain in the ass.

smuggler

Banned
they are going to send a "ford guy" out?
WTF is that.
That's normal.
Any repair over a certain value requires authorization from a Ford warranty rep. For some things, like transmissions, they send the part out to Ford and then Ford either authorizes or rejects the job.
For a whole motor, they send the guy out there instead of shipping the motor back and forth.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
I'm guessing that the oil level probably was on the low side prior to the failure; it's a common outcome with these engines. Gotta check the oil on a regular basis...

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
This sounds frighteningly familiar only mine blew while it was sitting in the driveway ( no lie! ). Quick01sanke and I are from the same area and we dealt w/ the same service dept. who jacked us around w/ the same line about how they had to have rep come and look at the damage and then certify the warranty work.

They will try to scare you and look for any possible mods they can blame this issue on. They will also look at your ECM for any "suspicious" codes. My car had the exact same mods on it as yours but that didn't stop them from pulling up the carpet in the trunk looking for where I had mounted an N2O bottle even though I told them I'd never had one.

Ultimately they replaced my short block to the tune of $4500.00 ( no cost to me becuase I was still under basic warranty ), and in the end they will probably replace or rebuild your motor if it's under warranty but that doesn't mean they won't give you a butt load of grief first. As far as they are concerned you're gettin' in their pockets. Fords customer service in this respect SUCKS!!!

Here's a link to a thread I started about the whole the whol thing on my local board:

http://www.stlmustangs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19070&hl=help

KingSnakePro

Established Member
Well I gave them the OK to pull the motor and they are going to get a ford guy out to check it out and they are probably going to have to replace the motor. I will keep you guys updated.

TnPaulMan

Banned
If I may ask...what are the names of the two fellas on your valve cover? I really want to know which guys I should stay away from. Gonna start a thread about this in a min.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread