Need help missfire on cyl 5 for 2001 cobra

slowsvtfornow

Looks good but slow
Established Member
I am in need of some help. My 01 cobra started to missfire on cyl 5 about 6 months ago. I have changed the plugs replaced the coil on 5 and moved the number 5 injector. The last thing I did is replace the plug that goes to the injector. The missfire goes away and runs good then it starts to run bad when it is idling. When I am driving it runs fine does not fill like it is missing at all. The thing is it will run fine then a week or two later it will start to run bad. Every one says I have a dead cyl but there is no smoke and it does not use any oil. Today I soldered the wires and it us running worse than before still getting the missfire on cyl 5 and now it smells like fuel. I am all out of ideas.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Sounds like you ruled out the sparkplug and the coil for that cylinder already (it's too bad the misfire didn't follow the old coil otherwise that new coil would have been a simple fix!).

Performed a compression or leakdown test yet to see how #5 is faring compared to the rest of the cylinders?

Users who are viewing this thread