Need help locating a good Powder Coater around southwest Louisiana

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I have a set of chrome 18x9/18x10.5 AFS Cobra Replicas that have been on my car for hardly six months, and the chrome is already showing some serious flaws. I think it has a lot to do with the elements in the air around here because the car stays clean and has rarely been driven since the wheels have been installed. After having the wheels on the car for a couple of months, I even pulled the wheels off while I had the car in the air doing other maintenance and completely cleaned them inside and out because they were showing some spots of damage on the inside barrel. The chrome obviously isn't of the best quality, and I do not have the time to keep them clean after every time I decide to drive the car.

What I am needing help with is locating someone around my area who I can trust to give me good advice to either get these rims stripped and then powder coated or if they think these rims can be powder coated with just a simple blasting. I do not want to have to go through this process twice, so I would like it done right the first time. I am willing to travel a good distance and am open to all opinions.

Thanks for any help.

prostkr

Established Member
They will need stripped and blasted to get a good durable bond. Try calling around to a few Harley shops, they will know who does quality work in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread