Need Help. Legend Lime - Chick color or not??

Legend Lime - Chick color?

• Chick color

Votes: 78 67.8%
  • Just buy it!

Votes: 37 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
I'm looking at an '05 GT stick in this color. My wife likes it but thinks it's a "chick color." What do y'all think? Honest answers only please.

aa2138_003.jpg

Birmingham-1.jpg

GT%2520coupe%2520Legend%2520lime%2520f&os.jpg

Lime%2520GT%2520Convertible%2520003.jpg

NAIAS4.jpg

Ford330CID

Ford Rules
Established Member
One of the ugliest 05/06 colors besides windveil blue IMO
I hope you aren't getting rid of the cobra :nono:

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
not exactly a color that represents testosterone. i actually test drove an 05 GT with that color :lol: , but only b/c that was the only GT they had. I was curious to see how the new ones drove.

XplicitBoost

All Eyes On Me
Established Member
Almighty-One said:
Definetly one fugly color

and IF your trading your cobra for that :nonono:

I'm pretty sure he said he's thinking of getting that for his wife, he better not trade his Cobra for that :cuss:

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
Wife's car she should get color she likes, but not my favorite. Check out resale value. Generally colors other than black, white, red and silver have lower resale value.

samill2

sell? keep? sell? keep?
Established Member
Sorry for the long post. I don't post a lot so I'm trying to make up for it.

I'm not going to buy that color - it just intrigued me because I'd never seen it before (or at least never noticed it).

Warning: What follows is a whiney and unnecessarily long rant authored by the thread starter.

I don't want to get rid of the Cobra but I have to admit that it's on borrowed time right now. These STL streets are beating her up and I actually feel bad for her. Every single day I think of what mod I want next and I'm ALWAYS on this site researching the next one but I hate to mod such a great car with 57k miles that does DD duty. I've got a light oil leak in the rear that needs attention, The Vibe, and The Stall, and wheelhop that seemingly can't be fixed without a full SRA swap. My friend's 01 has 100k+ miles and his has never had any problems beyond worn tires and brakes - not even wheelhop! I guess I have guilt issues because I feel like it's my fault for not being able to give her enough attention and I have this thing about owning a garage queen - I can't do it. It doesn't help that every dealer I've been to has basically told me "live with it" like they don't even care about their $35k+ cars not working correctly off the showroom floor - no support. I even bought an extended warranty with it but the dealers seem to get around that every chance they get.

I've wanted a Mustang GT all my life because I never thought I could afford a Cobra - now I get a Cobra and I feel guilty dumping the loud pedal at any given time. Additionally, I NEVER get challenged in this car. I get more action in my wife's Pilot!! :mj: I've raced ONE guy driving some beatup, 80s-era grocery-getter that resulted in me pulling about 11tybillion cars on him around the middle of 1st gear - hardly my idea of fun. Not one ricer, europhile pansy, or even good ole boy in my hometown, in Maryland, or here in Illinois has even ventured a meager attempt at racing me besides that one slack-jaw in MD. I expected just the opposite. [sorry - I kinda raced my friend in his '01 one day but it wasn't enough of a race to count].

I really want to bust my knuckles on this car but just don't have the time and, with no beater, can't afford the downtime. I would rather see this car modded to 600hp and kept clean in someone else's hands than watch it slowly deteriorate in mine.

Hopefully when spring comes around, my whole outlook will change and maybe I can make more time to work on her. Who knows [/rant]

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
I think it looks "ok" but certainly would not be a color I'd want on my car.
My uncle has one with some Steeda Parts installed
(Lowered, Exhaust, CAI, 4:10s', 18'' rims, Nittos, tri-ax, and fully tuned for 93oct.)
It's a nice car and have some power to it but the color does nothing for me :shrug:
wODQxMTg1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
wODQxMTg0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
wODQxMTkxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
wODQxMTg5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
wODQxMTk1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
wODQxMTkyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread