Need help installing B&M Hammer Shifter

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Just wonder how poeple install their B&M Hammer Shifters in there 03-04 Cobra's. I got a used one with no instructions with my 4R70W while back and I'm totally lost on how these shifters install.

Thanks.

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Someone has to have put one of these shifters in there Cobra, I see them all the time.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Dont know what would be different about that then any other shifter.

Remove plastic console piece with boot attached, remove the gold plate connected to the rubber insulating boot (4bolts), remove the 4 big bolts holding the shifter on and yank it off. Use grey silicone in a light application to reinstall the new clean shifter (or a gasket) and reinstall everything. Should be fairly easy...

LMK how you like the ripper. I loved that shifter in my fox but MGW seems to be the fav for the 03/04 cobras. I like the pro5.0 as well though...

Zimmer0924

Master Debater
Established Member
Dont know what would be different about that then any other shifter.

Remove plastic console piece with boot attached, remove the gold plate connected to the rubber insulating boot (4bolts), remove the 4 big bolts holding the shifter on and yank it off. Use grey silicone in a light application to reinstall the new clean shifter (or a gasket) and reinstall everything. Should be fairly easy...

LMK how you like the ripper. I loved that shifter in my fox but MGW seems to be the fav for the 03/04 cobras. I like the pro5.0 as well though...

This is a for a automatic conversion. The B&M Hammer is a auto shifter.

Thanks though.

Users who are viewing this thread