need help install throttle body now codes

latinwrlord

Established Member
Just received a L&M 72 throttle body with the electronics already installed. As far as I know there were no issues with the throttle body before I bought it. I installed it on the car and it immediately went high the low. Like going to stall. I turned it off to check all connections. There seem to be fine. Started it back up and now have codes P2112 and P2104. I have a Diablo trinity tuner t1000. It says the throttle body is stuck closed. But it is not. The engine safe mode is on. The car idled fine in that mode but unfortunately is stuck in that mode. So, right now I unhooked the battery and am letting it sit for 30 minutes or more. The going to see if resetting it may fix the issue. Any other suggestions besides this. Can't even drive it to get it dyno tuned at this point without trailering it. But I have had several friend buy used throttle body's with the electronics on it already from previous owners. And they haven't had an issue. Just my luck. Any advice out there to get it on the road till I can get it tuned.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
You need tune emailed to you to get it temporarily running or put the stocker back on to get to the dyno.

TVS VERT

Established Member
I have an L&M 72mm on my 12, my car came with the 750hp Ford racing kit with the cj6mm throttle body and the procal 91 octane tune, i swapped out the 65mm cj for the L&M, the car idled perfect and the pick up in power over the cj65 was noticeable to say the least still on the factory procal tune, since then i done a few changes and the car was retuned by Bill Miller @ Proedge Tuning in CT, one of the best in the business, and the car with the L&M still idles and drive like a stock TB driving around town, i have still yet to see a wrench or error code on the car.

Long story short its your tune not the TB, these 72mm are hard to find and are amazing TB's, alot of "tooners" cant use this TB as they arent in the same league as some calibrators like Bill Miller, Jimmy Larocca or Shaun at AED, but if you dont want it shoot me a PM ill gladly take it off of your hands.

Last edited:

Cobrav

Established Member
if it aint the tune its the motor housing i had to replace my kennebell 75 mm housing with a ford racing throttlebody housing & it statrted working again van helped me diagnose the problem hope it works out for you o ya i was getn those same codes

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I have an L&M 72mm on my 12, my car came with the 750hp Ford racing kit with the cj6mm throttle body and the procal 91 octane tune, i swapped out the 65mm cj for the L&M, the car idled perfect and the pick up in power over the cj65 was noticeable to say the least still on the factory procal tune, since then i done a few changes and the car was retuned by Bill Miller @ Proedge Tuning in CT, one of the best in the business, and the car with the L&M still idles and drive like a stock TB driving around town, i have still yet to see a wrench or error code on the car.

Long story short its your tune not the TB, these 72mm are hard to find and are amazing TB's, alot of "tooners" cant use this TB as they arent in the same league as some calibrators like Bill Miller, Jimmy Larocca or Shaun at AED, but if you dont want it shoot me a PM ill gladly take it off of your hands.

Preach brother.....

To the op...take the TB off and hold it up to a light source...check and see if the blades are contacting the housing at all. If they are loosen allen screws holding the blades and re center them.

tktlwyr

Established Member
You don't have your mods listed and there is no indication if you even have a tune on the car.

If your car is running the stock tune, the throttle will bolt right up with no tune needed to run. If this is the case, the electronic throttle body motor is bad. Buy a new stock Ford throttle body, replace the electronic motor.

If you have a tune that adjusted the factory mass air flow transfer curve (depends on who the tuner is and what method they use), you may need to have your tune tweaked a little, but with those codes I'm leaning towards electronics.

latinwrlord

Established Member
Ok, I reset the KAM. Let it idle for ,20 min. Then turned on air for 10 min. Turned air off and idle 5 min. Turned car on and off and was idling perfectly. Shut the car down since it was late. Turned it on this afternoon and idled fine. Backed up and car still fine. Put it in first all good the 1/2 block went to speed up and codes went off and fail safe kicked in. The one code was something like rpm unexpectedly to high. Didn't write the code. For at that time I was cursing. Now the car has codes 2104 & 2112. Just aggravated. I am not heavily modified there are as follows:
127 Jlt carbon fiber CAI
72mm L&M throttle body
L&M High flow plenum with the super charger inlet ported to match
2.5 " VMP pulley
1" 7/8" Dynatech full-length headers
3" x-pipe with high flow cats reduced to 2.5" pipes connected to Borla Stingers
Diablo trinity T1000 tuner with performance tune. The tuner was modified in the parameters to add 15% on the mass table. Because after the plenum upgrade and ported the s/C opening I was getting some lean codes. By adding the 15% in the performance tune it solved my left and right banks lean issues. Really thought I might get some advice to solve this before I take it to the shop. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site. Worse case scenario I will put the stock throttle body back on for now. But would rather get it worked out. It's not a daily driver so the down time won't kill me. But thanks for all your advice. And hopefully we can solve this.

latinwrlord

Established Member
Took some advice and pulled the throttle body off. Manually open the butterfly open and closed. Seems to drag then free up. So, took the electronics off the stock unit and bolted everything thing up. Going to see what she does. Hopefully baby girl will be back on the road in the morning!

latinwrlord

Established Member
So, far so good. I got a lean code so I added an additional 3% in the mass curve in the tune. No codes are up. Idling a little high. But assuming the car needs to relearn the new throttle body. So, hopefully it will drop. Taking her out tomorrow. Will let everyone how it goes.

latinwrlord

Established Member
Update: All is good. The car is learning ok. A little high on start up then idles good. Coming ng to a stop hangs about 200 rpms high but then drops. From what I have heard. This should go away with more driving. So, now that issues worked out . Very pleased with the throttle body. Crazy how the throttle body motor had just enough drag to throw up the codes and cause that much trouble. But with help and ideas from the forum, all is good. Thank you from everyone that helped out!!

Heddde

Established Member
I had the same problem with Error code "stuck open" and the car goes into failsafe mode.
I have the Kennebell TB no problem with the TB it was the tune of the electric parameters.
Got a new tune from Lundracing and never gone into failsafe mode or error codes again...

Users who are viewing this thread