Need Help Identifying the Brand/Model of Fuel Injector

2004torchred

Established Member
I need help identifying the type of injector shown in the attached pictures. I know it's a long shot considering the pictures were taken while the injectors are still on the car, but I figured I would try. The injectors have 1200 etched into the sides of the injector, which I would assume represents the flow rate. The previous owner claimed these injectors were E85 compatible, and I have been running them with E85 for a little over three years with no major problems.

I recently purchase a Kenne Bell 2.8LC to replace my ported Stegmeier, so I wanted to make sure that my injectors would be adequate. Before I pull the trigger on ID1000's, I'd like to know what type of injectors I currently have.

The car is currently in storage, otherwise I would pull the injectors out to get a better picture. I'm hoping someone will be able to identify the injector, if not I'll head over to the storage to pull one of the injectors off.

Thanks in advance for the input.

-Steve

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 213

2004torchred

Established Member
New pics

IMG_3052.jpgIMG_2800.jpgIMG_8671.jpgIMG_9446.jpg

I ended up pulling the injector, so I added new pictures to help identify the injector. The injector has three numbers 4670, 489, & 14 close to the connector. Then on the front of the injector, it looks like someone literally scratched in 1200 & 123.

I believe the 4670 is a factory Motorcraft part number. Almost looks as if someone took a factory injector and tried to pass it as an E85 compatible injector.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread