Need Help Identifying Side Scoops

trueblueeyes

Established Member
I need help identifying the side scoops on the car in the pictures below. They don't look like Xenon scoops and I am at a loss to figure out who makes them. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not really sure if I like them, but they don't seem to stick out as much as the CDC scoops....and that appeals to me.

sidescoopsunknown8vi.jpg

sidescoopsnew1yn.jpg

Before anyone asks, here is a link to the car from the pics, but don't say I didn't warn you.... :xpl: Pimp The Pony

trueblueeyes

Established Member
white98snake said:
MMMM.........fried rice

:lol1: Yeah, that thing is a mess. It is like driving by a traffic accident and knowing you shouldn't slow and look... but you just can't help yourself. I still like the side scoops though.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
find out who makes that side exhaust/sideskirts and rear spoiler. they may make the scoops too. i dont recognize anything on that car

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Those are the headlights I have. I just put HIDS in them yesterday and it is awesome.

Body kit is terrible quality though.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
wythors said:
2101444_12_full.jpg

In my mind, this picture really tells me what kind of quaility his "body kit" is.

omg, the fit on the hood/fenders is piss poor! thats like over an inch!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
the abc scoops are more curvy and round (like cervinis and CDC)
the axe scoops are more straight and square (they are Xenon replicas)

trueblueeyes

Established Member
badass98svt said:
the abc scoops are more curvy and round (like cervinis and CDC)
the axe scoops are more straight and square (they are Xenon replicas)

Ahh...Thanks! Since I don't like the Xenon's (too square on our cars), looks like I will be going with the CDC scoops.
______
And Josh: which HID kit did you install? Got pics? How hard was the install?

Also does anyone know a way to keep both high and low beams with an HID kit in our car? Lastly, what all components do you need to purchase and where do you get them? Anyone done a write-up on installing them? Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to make this my next mod.

Thanks,
Melissa

trueblueeyes

Established Member
I helped a friend install his Saleen body kit and hood to get it prepped for paint, and I thought the gap between the fender and the heat extractor hood was bad (and it was on one side no matter how much adjustment we did). However, the kit on that car makes the fit of the Saleen kit look perfect. It is also one of the absolute ugliest body kits I think I've ever seen. Add the fact that it has lambo doors and Altezza tail lights on top of that and the owner should be drawn and quartered.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
trueblueeyes said:
Ahh...Thanks! Since I don't like the Xenon's (too square on our cars), looks like I will be going with the CDC scoops.
______
And Josh: which HID kit did you install? Got pics? How hard was the install?

Also does anyone know a way to keep both high and low beams with an HID kit in our car? Lastly, what all components do you need to purchase and where do you get them? Anyone done a write-up on installing them? Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to make this my next mod.

Thanks,
Melissa

Actually I bought a kit off ebay, something I thought I'd never do. The owner had sold 800 of them and had 100% feedback, not to mention it comes with a 3 year warranty. Don't have any pics as of yet.

Install is very easy. Wire the harness to your battery, connect the leads to your stock headlight harness and plug the HID harness into the ballasts. Then plug the lightbulb into the ballasts and mount the ballast to the frame.

Any kit you buy should have everything you need. Mine included 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, 2 mounting brackets with hardware, all wiring and relay and zip ties.

If going HID you really should upgrade to projector lights. Normal reflector housings can't handle the extra light put out by the hid and they shoot it everywhere. Not to mention with projectors lights you get a seperate high/low beam. But if you want to keep your stock housing they make hids with both high and low beams.

Here's the seller I bought mine from and an example of what you would need. http://cgi.ebay.com/XENON-HID-CONVE...itemZ8041522121QQcategoryZ72235QQcmdZViewItem
I got the h3 bulb (stock is 9007, h3 is for my projectors) in 8000k. And the pics comparing HID to halogen on the site are true to life. It is a night and day difference.

simpsvt97

"SNAKE"
Established Member
now i will have to say..the only thing that i do like is the seats..wouldnt mind having those..but i would get all black w/ white mustang stitching

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Once again, Saleen=SHIT. After my experience with Saleen's finest, I will continue to bash those A**holes for the rest of my life. On another note, I will be able to post pics of my ABC sidescoops either later today or tommorrow depending on how fast the snow melts.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Just now looked at the web page for that car and I must say it is hideous. Look at the fenders, is he trying to extract heat from his wheelwells? And what's up with the HUGE mustang symbol on his headliner:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread