need help identifying a shifter

charged87

Established Member
Screenshot_2014-05-14-15-58-48_zpsjx9our91.png
"]
Screenshot_2014-05-14-15-58-48_zpsjx9our91.png
[/URL]

looking to buy it from someone but he doesn't know what brand. . Looks to a Ford racing one?

charged87

Established Member
Sounds right he did mention it was a Shelby part.. didn't even know they sold these. How do these compare to to MGW or Barton? I can get it for $100 and it's never been used yet.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Just my opinion, save your money and buy the best. MGW . I'll almost guarantee that some time in the future after buying that one that you'll have an MGW. Do it right the first time. Maybe buy it and sell on eBay if you think you can turn a profit.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Definitely Scott Drake. I installed the original Shelby shifter with the blue aluminum legs in 2010 when I first got my car. It was very nice and also made by Scott Drake. It was a little different design back then, but I'm sure the quality is similar and the function the same. One thing I can say is that Scott Drake customer service is fantastic and for $100 I wouldn't think twice about buying that shifter.

I've had that one, I've had MGW's and I now have Barton. I loved the MGW's, I love the Barton but for $100 I'd love the Shelby/Drake shifter just as much. The feel during shifting wasn't all that different between them all; maybe very minor differences between them. I actually kinda regret wasting the money and time, taking the original Shelby/Drake shifter out and paying $350 for the Barton. Not that the Barton isn't very nice, but it's not $350 worth of betterness than the Shelby was... (yeah, I said betterness)

Last edited:

charged87

Established Member
Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-07-46_zpsnfb2cwjh.png
"]
Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-07-46_zpsnfb2cwjh.png
[/URL]

here's the part number. . The guy selling it actually is the former owner of my car he just never got around to putting it in. he traded it in for a 13 convertible. He also has the car cover also ... I found his info in my glove box and gave him a call.

Users who are viewing this thread