Need HELP identifying a knock

scalloped91

I have a 03 cobra that I recently finished the rebuild. after finishing the rebuild and starting the car, I have acquired a nasty knock. The knock sounds like I have a solid cams but I do not. The car's top end and bottom end are all stock; well, the pistons are CP pistons bored over 30 but thats it. Any way, I have chased this sound all over the motor. The sound can be heard from the top of the motor but it is actually coming from around the bell housing. I have removed the tranny and the clutch. The car still makes the noise. The only thing is, the noise does not sound like a spun rod bearing to me; like I said earlier, the noise sounds like a solid cam. I have a video of the noise on youtube but I can't post the link on this site. So, I'm not really sure how to show the sound. To be honest, I'm not sure this isn't some how related to the flywheel, I'm just not sure. I would love any input from someone that has had this problem. I really don't want to take this motor back out if I don't have to. If the noise is just annoying and not detrimental to motor, I will live with that. I am just lost.

Any suggestions?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread