Need help HR spring install

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Iam having a hard time installing coil spring; when compressing is the easy part but when decompressing the upper part of the claps get stuck when the spring is release. Is there a specific spring compressor for this cars. I had been working on this car for 6 hours and nothing is getting done. Need help ASAP. Thanks

:bash: :bash:

Last edited:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
All I can tell you is from observation...not by doing, Mechanic dropped the hub away which drops the spring perch...making room.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by BALDSNAKE
All I can tell you is from observation...not by doing, Mechanic dropped the hub away which drops the spring perch...making room.
Thanks BALDSNAKE at leat somebody reply

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Took me about six hours as well . Used a standard coil spring compressor.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
try placing the hooks a little closer together within the spring itself so that you can get it out once you decompress the spring. i learned that the hard way on the rear springs. i wd-40'd the heck out of everything, used a couple long prybars, and a rubber mallet to finally get the bottom hooks off the spring once it was in place. :( eric @xmp said the best way to do the rears was to put a jack under the irs, unbolt it, then lower the jack - the springs just fall out. it sounds a lot easier doing it that way.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
try placing the hooks a little closer together within the spring itself so that you can get it out once you decompress the spring. i learned that the hard way on the rear springs. i wd-40'd the heck out of everything, used a couple long prybars, and a rubber mallet to finally get the bottom hooks off the spring once it was in place. :( eric @xmp said the best way to do the rears was to put a jack under the irs, unbolt it, then lower the jack - the springs just fall out. it sounds a lot easier doing it that way.

Hhmmmm... Need to remember that.
(another PWR, PModdy)
PWR = PostWhoreResponse

stang99

I'd post on this thread but I don't know anything about springs except that they are dangerous to work with.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
:) Ok Iam done with those freaking spring, they were a b*tch to do; now I just need to bleed the front brakes and take it for an aligment. Thanks for the help.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by RDSZ
:) Ok Iam done with those freaking spring, they were a b*tch to do; now I just need to bleed the front brakes and take it for an aligment. Thanks for the help.

Sorry Ruben,....alot of us were at XMP yesturday.

I heard if u would just take the back 2 bolts of the IRS Cage the back spring will just fall out by them selfs. :shrug:

Never did the install my self....pics would be sweet :beer:

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread