Need help, hissing sound.

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
I know this has probably been discussed on here sometime, but I don't feel like searching for the answer. I have a 2000 svtc and when I really get on the car, like redline through the gears, it makes a short hiss sound as I let off the gas to change to the next gear. I think I remember reading about some type of hose that has come loose, but where is this hose and what is it? How can I fix it?
I have come to find that these cars are very quirky and a lot of them have the same problems, as I have many of the same ones discussed on this board: i.e. IAC, fuel and water pump problems, and so forth...any help or advice would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Steeltwo

Established Member
i know with some cars intakes, they'll shovel alot more air in. So when you shift and the butterfly closes, the air will build up and be pushed back out causing a almost BOV noice from a turbo car.

all costume SVT

Established Member
why do you hear a squeling sound when you shift quickly? is that what your talking about? my buddys 99 does the same thing.

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
no, it doesn't squeel, it makes a short little hiss like a BOV would and it is definately air coming out of something, but I don't think it's coming back through the intake.

Users who are viewing this thread