need help got caught speeding, leos only please

camaross0002

Established Member
I admit I screwed up and was not paying attention to how fast I was going yeah I know I am a total idiot. This is the first ticket I have gotten in almost 5 plus years. If any ILL. leos could help with some advice it is greatly appreciated and yes I know I am an idiot please no flames I feel bad enough already:??: .

I got clocked 78 in the 45 on a highway running through the forest preserves coming home from a buddies house because I am going to get called in the morning to go to work at the railroad. I admit I was speeding and am going to face the consequences I need some advice if I should take a lawyer with me or I am already screwed. I was wondering if probation is an option or a lawyer because if I loose my license I lose both of my jobs both jobs require a valid license. I am not trying to get out of the ticket just trying to keep my license and hopefully this off my record. This sucks 5 plus years and I screw it up with this ticket.

Any advice from ILL. leos or other leos is greatly appreciated. if it helps it was by a state trooper in cook county ILL. also it is a mandatory court appearance.

Last edited:

camaross0002

Established Member
in ill. if I am not mistaken 30 and over used to be reckless driving mandatory suspension of license for I think 90 days. I haven't gotten a ticket in so long because I got in so much trouble when i was younger I haven't been speeding but tonight I got stupid. I am not sure what the laws are anymore for ILL.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Call the clerk of the court. The number is listed on the ticket. Verify if you are being charged with reckless. If so, it is most likely a misdemeanor and you dont want that on your record. If that is the case, you should hire an attorney who specializes in traffic related offenses.

camaross0002

Established Member
the ticket I have had no number on it, but from what I saw 40 and over in ILL. is reckless now he posted the id number of 11-601 (b) on the ticket and it is showing only 30 and over as the offense I am going to contact a lawyer tommorrow morning to take to court with me. I can't afford this on my record or I lose my jobs, I know I am a idiot been staying out of trouble for the last five years and now this.

Users who are viewing this thread