Need Help Gear Gods!!!!!

GoldRush54

Established Member
So yesterday I was checking all the fuses in my 2002 L and everything was fine. Than I go to start the truck up and it wont start...so i pop the hood and realized that one of the fuses was not all the way down. So i pushed it all the way down and truck starts right up.Put it in reverse back out and than put it in Drive and Nothing..It just sputters when you push on the gas in 1st,2nd,or drive. What could this possibly be because I rechecked all the fuses and none of them were blown. Sorry for the rediculous long story but had to explain it all. Thanks again guys hope this sounds familier to anyone:shrug:

chrisheltra

Established Member
What made you check the fuses in he first place? I checked all of mine once and ran into a problem afterwords and found out that I had put one of the fuses back in the wrong spot.

GoldRush54

Established Member
well where do i know what fuse goes where????? is there a pic or something and i can memorize the color pattern??

Dusten

Established Member
It honestly sounds like fuse #23 is blown(I think its 23, the one that blows when the wiring harness on the tranny gets burnt) Are you getting a CEL? Why did you check the fuses? Your owners manual should tell you where they all are, and if you dont have it, you can google it and find it on fords website.

chrisheltra

Established Member
[ame=http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=165]Lightning Owner's Manuals and Supplements - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com[/ame]

GoldRush54

Established Member
ayy dusten where is #23 fuse? Is that in the engine bay? do i have to get like a new tranny soeilinod??? mind the spelling...lol

Dusten

Established Member
If you follow chris's link it will give you a manual for your truck and the fuses are in it. You wont need a new solenoid if the fuse is blown. You will need to figure out what is causing the fuse to blow.

GoldRush54

Established Member
I checked all the fuses none of them are blown, i am just worried that i dont have them in the right spot....ughhh this sucks

Dusten

Established Member
fuses can't bein the wrong spot. if you put a fuse in that is the wrong amperage one of two things can happen. if the amperage is less than required it will blow. if it is more than required you run the risk of damaging something, but only if you got a spike that would have blown the fuse. if you are that worried, look at the manual that we've talked about, and check each fuse. i believe the cover to each fuse box tells you where the fuses go and how many amps they are supposed to be. this isnt that hard. i have a feeling you either have a blown fuse and missed it, or one that isnt seated.

chrisheltra

Established Member
fuses can't bein the wrong spot. if you put a fuse in that is the wrong amperage one of two things can happen. if the amperage is less than required it will blow. if it is more than required you run the risk of damaging something, but only if you got a spike that would have blown the fuse. if you are that worried, look at the manual that we've talked about, and check each fuse. i believe the cover to each fuse box tells you where the fuses go and how many amps they are supposed to be. this isnt that hard. i have a feeling you either have a blown fuse and missed it, or one that isnt seated.

It is possible to put a fuse in an unused/vacant spot which is what I did (aka wrong spot). It wont cause any harm but stuff wont work properly and youll pull your hair out chasing phantom gremlins.

Dusten

Established Member
I thought about that after i closed the page out. but again, the cover and the manual will tell him where they go, and what amperage they are

Users who are viewing this thread