Need Help from KB owner/ Tuners.....

Fastford

Established Member
I am having a problem with my car now that I have a KB installed.

If I run it hard to 6K rpm then shift it easy into the next gear the car will lurch when I hit the gas... If I powershift or clutch it fast it doesnt do it. What in the hell could be going on??

Jason

AMB

Established Member
KB Owner

Fastford

What chip are you using ? KB ?? If so, what setting ?? Are you using the KB BAP ?? If so, what setting ??

AMB

i8u

Established Member
Is it a tip in hesitation caused by the broken stop screw on your TB? Did you get your TPS voltage set right?:beer:

Fastford

Established Member
Yes TPS is set correctly... .998 volt. I set everything at the Ford Dealership with my friend that is lead tech for SVT equipment. monitored TPS IAC and RPM. Set tps at .998 and got IAC to 30%. Car drives great. I drove it to Bowling Green KY. this weekend from St. Louis Got 20 MPG..

Car only learches when you shift after being at WOT around4-6K RPM.

Example: In 3rd gear 3K rpm. Floor it to 5K rpm then shift car easynot powershifting The car will lurch when you hit gas pedal again. Just breifly. or 2nd gear 2500 rpm floor it to 5500 rpm then shift gears easy then hit the gas car will lurch. Now if you floor it in any gear and run it hard shift hard and fast no lurch.
:shrug:

Fastford

Established Member
YES,,,,

I have a speed Problem:bash: :bash:

It has a 1396 kit and made 218 RWHP and 120 ft lbs. trq.

Runs 9.10@160 no nitrous

Twinturbo Ranger

Established Member
Me too!!

I just noticed my Busa isn't listed in my sig. Although I don't drag race it love to ride!! By the way are you on Suzukihayabusa.org ?

Thanks Mike

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I think i8u may be onto something. I would personally check your idle stop screw and make sure that it is not set to allow your throttle blade to close too far. If the blade closes down too far the suction will be too great and it will cause the driveline stackup to come together all at once and cause a lurch like what you describe.

Couple bada$$ looking rides you got there.

Users who are viewing this thread