Need Help, Forgestar wheels

venmousracer

Established Member
I have a set of deep concave 20x11 f14 wheels. I just noticed on their website they also have a super deep concave wheel. what offset will be needed to run a super deep concave f14 wheel in a 20x11 or better yet a 20x12 wheel. I know the s197 cars are narrower, these new s550 are wider.

Any and all help would be great and a great place to order and get pricing!

Eddie

ModBargains

Established Member
Super deep concave Forgestars wont fit any modern Mustang, sorry man. S197 and S550 included will not work. The SDC fitment wheels from Forgestar have a minimum offset requirement, and that minimum is way too aggressive for this body style. Standard deep concave fitments will work though, we do fitments that are 9.5" wide up front and 11" wide on the rear all the time :)

ScottS550

Established Member
Everyone would love to have the DEEP concave look, however running a wider wheel doesn't mean you get more concave. To get the proper brake clearance and running a wider wheel you will have to go with a higher offset which means " Less Concave "

venmousracer

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442573368.260447.jpg

ModBargains

Established Member
Everyone would love to have the DEEP concave look, however running a wider wheel doesn't mean you get more concave. To get the proper brake clearance and running a wider wheel you will have to go with a higher offset which means " Less Concave "

Though theoretically with custom made to order wheels you are correct, the higher the offset the less concave, some wheel manufacturers, including Forgestar, base their concavity on the width of the wheel first. The raw barrels in which they have, before they're flow formed (rotary forged), and machined will already come with a deep concave, or semi concave face. Since 20" is popular and F14's are a hot item, here's what it would be for Forgestar F14 wheels since it's relevant to the thread:

Semi Concave:
20×9.0 offsets from +12 to +56

Deep Concave:
20×9.5 offsets from +7 to +43
20×10.5 offsets from +20 to +55
20×11 offsets from +21 to +61
20×12 offsets from +39 to +75

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
You can get the deep concave on all 4 corners, just not the super duper deep ones... But most of the resellers push for staggered so you see most with the flat fronts and concave rears which i don't care for as much personally.

19X10 +40 deep concave all 4
Cresson2.JPG
Cresson1.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread