NEED HELP - Fore FC3 wiring

philkilla

Crusher of Skulls
Established Member
Hi all, but of a wiring noob here. I've been trekking through a level 2 return system, and the wiring has me stumped currently.

I spoke with Fore, but their instructions aren't helping me that much. I need an ELI5 explanation.

I have an FC3 and a dual pump setup, and these are the instructions and part of my confusion when it comes to wiring a relay as well:

FPDM PIN 5 YE/GY - RELAY TERMINALS 85+87
FPDM PIN 8 WH/BN -RELAY TERMINAL 86

FC3 REMOTE1 - RELAY TERMINAL 30 + PRESSURE SWITCH
FC3 REMOTE2 - PRESSURE SWITCH

So am I wiring the Yellow/Grey wire to pins 85 and 87 with a simple splice and quick connect?

Do I need to run a separate power cable to this relay in addition to the power cable for the FC3?

Also, (and super silly question) is the FPDM still getting plugged back in after all this wiring?

If someone had a schematic, that would be extremely helpful. I wire a lot of guitars in my freetime, but there's schematics galore for that...this is not quite the case and I need the help big time.

Attachments

• Bosch relay diagram.PDF
    38.9 KB · Views: 181

corepwn

Established Member
You don't need any relays.

12v feed from battery
Ground to chassis
Trigger wire goes to FPDM (There are two wires people tap, one is key-on, one is a prime and stop. Purple/Green for key-on, I believe Yellow/Silver for stock operation)
One side of Hobbs Switch connects to the same terminal as the Trigger wire.
Other side of Hobbs switch connects to the Pumps 2+3 Trigger terminal
Then it's just power and ground for each of the pumps you have into the prospective slots.

philkilla

Crusher of Skulls
Established Member
Hey! Thanks for the reply. Justin from Fore helped me out a few days after trying to figure this out. I'm almost done with the install, just need a torch now to solder the big ass 4 ga wire.

Users who are viewing this thread