need help for my shelby

David Shelby

Established Member
anybody can answer my question ?
i have a 2008 gt500 shelby and my upgrades are a
full exhaust system of bassani, a 2.60 pulley,
supercharger cooler and bigger water tanks and c&l air intake.
am thinking of getting the mmr stage 3 cams
anybody tried them before and how much rwhp can
it give me ?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Personally on a stock motor I don't think it would be cost effective. Haven't looked the specs up, guessing with the totally stock motor in the same Max rpm maybe 12-18 maybe. Sure they would make a nice difference with ported heads and a larger blower.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Seems like a 2013 TVS would be a much better way to get bang for your buck, without the bother of playing with your valve train.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
MMR had a post with a 2010, very basic bolt on mods, and they picked up about 90hp with their cams and added a nasty tone. I think they said their cost for cams/springs/retainers/installation was about $3500

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
That cam is way too spicy for your application. Get yourself a set of Ford GT cams, and enjoy the added power and maintained driveability.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
anybody can answer my question ?
i have a 2008 gt500 shelby and my upgrades are a
full exhaust system of bassani, a 2.60 pulley,
supercharger cooler and bigger water tanks and c&l air intake.
am thinking of getting the mmr stage 3 cams
anybody tried them before and how much rwhp can
it give me ?
David, have not heard of any GT500's with aftermarket cams on the factory M-122 Eaton setup. However, know of 5 folks that have done it with the 03/04' Cobras that has the factory M-112 setup and they all got improvements of between 30 and 40 RWHP. Obviously, the expense is a factor and the bang for your buck factor is not real favorable, but if your goal is to maximize the Eaton, the addition of these cams would put you at another level if you surround them with the correct supporting mods. Can see you exceeding 650 RWHP with the right combination. The five 03/04 folks all got between 575 and 600 which is huge for a Eaton powered Terminator.

And the exhaust tone is at a whole new level! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread