Need help!!!! (for a friend!)

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Ok, the details as of yet are scarce on my end, but I will give you the jist of what I got. My bud has a 99 L with 119k+ miles. Recently it has been, what he describes, "bogging down really f***ing bad" whenever he gets on the gas. He has new plugs/wires, a new fuel filter, and fresh oil. Is there anyone that might have some ideas on what the problem might be with that very brief description? I will be going to look/drive it tomorrow to get a better feel for what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Two things come to mind, really caked up intercooler or most likely clogged cats.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Bad fuel pump, broken 'Y' in the gas tank, hi-speed fuel pump relay gone bad - just a couple more things to consider.................

Bird

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Thanks for the quick replies guys, I have considered alot of these things already and will definitely be looking for them when I check the truck out.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Bird said:
Bad fuel pump, broken 'Y' in the gas tank, hi-speed fuel pump relay gone bad - just a couple more things to consider.................

Bird

Winner!! Occurs under boost only = insufficient fuel supply/pressure.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Could b fuel regular, fuel pumpls...If it's running to rich... . If its running too rich (1)check the oxgent sensers and replace... You can pull them out and take small torch to blow the crud of of them carefully and repalce. Then again could have clogged the cats....My guess.

Put it on handheld machine and check for any mishaps... Computer should throw some kind of code
.... See waht TCodes come up... Goood luck

Last edited:

Blulite

Established Member
Could be one of your coil packs is shorted. You test them with on multimeter. Put one of the test leads on the plug wire connection and the other to the connector that plugs into the harness. Should get a reading between 5300- 7500 ohms. Anything way below 5300 is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread