need help finding magnapack exhaust for 2001 cobra

Snake01

Established Member
i have a 2001 cobra and i want to get magnapack exhaust. does anyone know of a good internet site, and what part number i would need.
thanks, jordan

Snake01

Established Member
i found them on ninosport.com. do i need to get 2.25 inch mufflers or do i need to get the 2.5 inch mufflers?
thanks,
jordan

kaos

Established Member
Well you might need the 2.25" if you are keeping you stock exhuast. That would be a different part number.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
As you probably already know, Magnaflow does not make an IRS specific Magnapack catback for the 99-04 Cobras. If you swapped to a solid axle, you are OK though (because the catback for the GTs will work).

The easiest way to run Magnapack mufflers is to just weld in a pair of Magnapack mufflers into your factory catback.

OR, if you want to run a "Magnapack catback" with your IRS, you have to purchase the regular Magnaflow IRS catback for 99-04 Cobras and additionally purchase two Magnapack mufflers, then swap the regular Magnaflow mufflers out of the catback for the Magnapack mufflers (takes a little bit of pipe bending if I'm not mistaken, to ensure a proper fit).

You can then sell the leftover magnaflow mufflers to recoup some of the extra money you spent...

Snake01

Established Member
does anyone know for sure what size i should be geting, 2 1/2 or the 2.25 mufflers to use with my stock exhaust. i ordered the 2 1/2 yesterday so hopefully those will work.
thanks jordan

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake01
does anyone know for sure what size i should be geting, 2 1/2 or the 2.25 mufflers to use with my stock exhaust. i ordered the 2 1/2 yesterday so hopefully those will work.
thanks jordan

The stock exhaust is 2.25". I believe most aftermarket exhausts are 2.5", at least Magnaflow is for sure.

So you have the wrong size, but hopefully others will chime in on whether it will work. I'm sure an exhaust shop should be able to make them fit.

Users who are viewing this thread