Need help finding mach 460 amp

nathan67stang

Established Member
Hey guys, so I'm pretty sure one of the channels is out in my front mach 460 amp in my 94 cobra. I can only faintly hear music out of the front driver tweeter if I turn the volume to max. Makes me think the wiring is fine. I moved the speaker to the right side and it worked fine so the speaker is ok. I switched the RCA's on my pioneer h/u and that didn't help so it's not the h/u. So like I said, I think it has to be the front amp. My plan is to replace it with another stock amp. Don't have the money to get aftermarket amps/speakers right now. After searching ebay it looks like most of them are for the rear amps. The only front ones specifically said not for mach 460. I tried to figure out the PN but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what the PN is for the front mach 460 amp? And has anyone replaced it? Is it relatively easy or a pain? Thanks!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Edit: Removed info pertaining to the wrong year.

Last edited:

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
Then what's the amp located Under the CD player hidden behind the shifter bezel for? But mine is a 96 but pretty sure its the same. Hope this helps.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Then what's the amp located Under the CD player hidden behind the shifter bezel for? But mine is a 96 but pretty sure its the same. Hope this helps.

Yeah interesting mine is an 02, I see references to that in other diagrams but mine is like this.
http://www.mustangspecialties.net/mach 1000.pdf

This site has a ton of info, http://www.flemworld.com/mach460/mach.html
sorry I couldn't be of more use, guess mine isn't the same.

The amp your talking about is this one I believe http://www.mustangspecialties.net/mach-460-SSAmps1.pdf
Which does not exist in the 1000 diagrams I used to switch my 1000 from my old chassis to the my new one.

EDIT: Did more digging 2001+ the front amp is in the head unit, sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Looks like it's a "F4ZF-18T806-CA" for the 94-96

There's also F7ZF-18T806-AC
but I think that's for the later models.

Good luck, I'd try and get a look at yours to be sure, there's also a F4ZF-18T806-BC part number floating around. The seem to show up under different labels in auctions and not sure if they're really interchangeable or not. I can't find any official documentation.

There are WAY more variations than I originally thought.

Last edited:

nathan67stang

Established Member
Looks like it's a "F4ZF-18T806-CA" for the 94-96

There's also F7ZF-18T806-AC
but I think that's for the later models.

Good luck, I'd try and get a look at yours to be sure, there's also a F4ZF-18T806-BC part number floating around. The seem to show up under different labels in auctions and not sure if they're really interchangeable or not. I can't find any official documentation.

There are WAY more variations than I originally thought.

Thanks man! I don't know how you were able to find the PN but thanks! Looks like my options are F4ZF-18T806-CA or F4ZF-18T806-BC. They look to be the same thing. Guess I'll just have to pull mine out and see what the PN on it is. Has anyone pulled the front amp out? How hard is it?

Users who are viewing this thread