Need help finding a 2011 GT to proto type a turbo kit

CPRsm

Looking for a 2011 GT to proto type a turbo kit. There are a few out there I have seen, and we are still going to confidently build one. Like the GT500 kits they will not have ground clearance issues like I can already see others will have. Or rattling tubes on k-members. The turbo(s) will be mounted up front and high so there won't be drain/pump issues. I fit a sway bar on the GT500 with twins, so sure I can do it on this car. This kit will also of course be with headers.The owner of the car will get the kit and all it's parts at my cost and installed for free for letting me borrow the car.

DocSean

Established Member
How long will you need the car? I'd be willing to make a stay in san diego if it's the appropriate time length.

Sean

CPRsm

A stay in S.D. ? It won't be done that fast, you'll have to leave it lol. The turbo kit is the "easy" part. How long it takes will depend on what if any custom parts are needed. But it's the same chassis as the GT500, so hopefully anything I will need I should already have. I would REALLY like to have your kit made from my jigs and installed in 3 months.

DocSean

Established Member
A stay in S.D. ? It won't be done that fast, you'll have to leave it lol. The turbo kit is the "easy" part. How long it takes will depend on what if any custom parts are needed. But it's the same chassis as the GT500, so hopefully anything I will need I should already have. I would REALLY like to have your kit made from my jigs and installed in 3 months.

Gotcha! I'm going to be of little help then. I hope you find someone, I'd love to see some more turbo kit options on the market.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Can you give like a ball park figure of cost for the parts? Pm me if you don't want to make it public.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SicShelby09

Banned
Honestly, most companies that do this usually give away the kit to the guinea pig for free. Thats a huge asking to have someone let you use their car for fabbing/test fitting and most likely dyno beating. I know that several other companies give those test kits away to that person willing to do what you are asking.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Honestly, most companies that do this usually give away the kit to the guinea pig for free. Thats a huge asking to have someone let you use their car for fabbing/test fitting and most likely dyno beating. I know that several other companies give those test kits away to that person willing to do what you are asking.

agreed, since when did everyone become such cheapskates!

CPRsm

Maybe, but I won't. The GT500 kit cost me more than this kit will probably retail for. Then and now, it would be cheaper for me to buy a 2011 like I did the Shelby, than to give a kit away. Either way someone is getting a smokin' deal on what will inevitably be the best kit on the market.

SicShelby09

Banned
Maybe, but I won't. The GT500 kit cost me more than this kit will probably retail for. Then and now, it would be cheaper for me to buy a 2011 like I did the Shelby, than to give a kit away. Either way someone is getting a smokin' deal on what will inevitably be the best kit on the market.

I dont disagree with you. But personally I would rather not do something like this without getting it for free. Im sure someone will bite on this, but if they dont then you know why. Procharger, vortech and several other much larger companies do their R&D on customer's cars for free and let them keep the parts. But I know you are not nearly as huge as procharger or votech so I understand. I say lease a GT, then use it and abuse it and put it back to stock and return it. Or pay hertz or enterprise to rent a GT for a few weeks and then put it back to stock when done. I have seen people do this for weekend races putting NOS on them, then taking everything off and returning the car on monday.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I dont disagree with you. But personally I would rather not do something like this without getting it for free. Im sure someone will bite on this, but if they dont then you know why. Procharger, vortech and several other much larger companies do their R&D on customer's cars for free and let them keep the parts. But I know you are not nearly as huge as procharger or votech so I understand. I say lease a GT, then use it and abuse it and put it back to stock and return it. Or pay hertz or enterprise to rent a GT for a few weeks and then put it back to stock when done. I have seen people do this for weekend races putting NOS on them, then taking everything off and returning the car on monday.

:eek:

CPRsm

Have you ever seen a turbo company do it ? Blower companies have a much higher mark up on their stuff than turbo companies do. It'd be easy to give machined parts away. Turbo companies have to pay out wages to their workers to do the assembly of a turbo kit. One person builds one kit. A machinist can operate multiple machines at once. Index your material in one machine and move to the next one........or multiple parts in one machine. Meaning he is making more than one blower at a time. Just look at the job listings sometime. Blower companies can offer bennies, paid time off,etc. Shit, if I was smart I would buy a CNC and make blowers lol. If someone doesn't want this offer that's OK too, they can pay full price when it comes out :D But you're right, not nearly as big as those folks. One day it would be nice though.

SicShelby09

Banned
Have you ever seen a turbo company do it ? Blower companies have a much higher mark up on their stuff than turbo companies do. It'd be easy to give machined parts away. Turbo companies have to pay out wages to their workers to do the assembly of a turbo kit. One person builds one kit. A machinist can operate multiple machines at once. Index your material in one machine and move to the next one........or multiple parts in one machine. Meaning he is making more than one blower at a time. Just look at the job listings sometime. Blower companies can offer bennies, paid time off,etc. Shit, if I was smart I would buy a CNC and make blowers lol. If someone doesn't want this offer that's OK too, they can pay full price when it comes out :D But you're right, not nearly as big as those folks. One day it would be nice though.

I hear ya, and no I have not heard of any turbo companies giving away fab kits. So I hope you get someone willing to help you out. Shit I would do it if I was on that side of the world, but it would have to be one smoking great deal. Good enough to pass on a brandnew procharger kit.

CPRsm

Well, it's going to be smoking deal for sure. I think I can make it worth your while. Even if you could fab the entire kit yourself, you couldn't do it for this price.

DocSean

Established Member
For the record, if I was in the area, and could be without a car, I'd be all over this. Continued luck!

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
That's a great idea. I'm going to start fabbing kits for Murcielagos. But I'm going to need two of them so we can decrease the R&D time. The cars are complicated so even with that, I'll need both of them for about a year at least.

Users who are viewing this thread