need help - estimate on damage?

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Sister was in an accident with her '00 v6. What do you think needs to be replaced? Fixed? Estimate for labor and parts? Drivers side door looks ok but doesnt open, probably cause fender was pushed back? Hood looks ok from outside but wont open cause it was pushed back a bit. Grill looks ok but pushed back.

I'm thinking the bumper for sure needs to be replaced, maybe the headlamp, fender maybe (or just repaired). Labor I have no idea what that will cost. How much do you guess on paint?

sideView.jpg

leftFront.jpg

hoodLeft.jpg

headlampFender.jpg

headlampBack.jpg

headlamp.jpg

front.jpg

fenderDoor.jpg

accident.jpg

accident1.jpg

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
from what i can see:

obviously bumper (not sure on price, but id say no more than 500)

fenders will have to. fortunately they are quite inexpensive and many can be found on rear ended mustangs if you are really looking for cheap fix

the hood might need to be replaced. its hard to tell with the fenders being way out of position though.

headlamp might, which sucks because they are generally pretty expensive with fords.

if the door did get smashed a bit, the shell can be repaired quite easily and cheaply.

if the airbags deployed, its a pretty expensive system to get back up and running. i dont know about mustangs, but in the contour, when the passenger airbag deploys, it breaks the windshield.

theres probably a foam bumper filler that will need replacing- its also possible the metal bumper underneath has been dislodged from its mounting(s), which isnt too expensive, but is something to keep in mind- on my contour it was just 4 bolts holding it on, but i hit a car at 45mph and they held up like a champ minus 1 bolt and mounting hole which will need to be welded back into place

all in all, maybe 1750-2000? (sans labor) the problem spots are going to be airbags and paint id say. nothing a quality shop couldnt handle.

Last edited:

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
If the airbags didn't go off, I would guess about $3,500 to $4,000. If they did, depending on the shop, they might even total it. Newer cars hide a lot of damage under the plastic covers like the bumper. Retail on that car is just under $10,000 (kbb retail) and insurance companies like to total cars out when the fix it cost gets to about 70% of the retail price. How did the accident happen (how fast and what did she hit)?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
How big was the impact? Looks like a 10mph hit, and everything's screwed up ever so slightly, but enough that it has to be repaired. :nonono:

i8u

Established Member
Unbolting the panels that need to be replaced is the easy part. Lining it up perfectly is where you earn your money.

Line the fenders first. Then the bumber and hood. When adjusting the fender. Leave the bolts barely loose so you can adjust it and it will stay put and you don't have to hold it there.

Users who are viewing this thread