Need help editing a video (mainly just trim it)

allister

Established Member
I saw a Bald Eagle today while driving home, and caught a video of it on it on my dash cam. I uploaded the dash cam file which is about 3 minutes long and I want to crop it so that it's just a few seconds long, mainly just the part where I drive past the eagle, and share it with friends and family. I have windows movie maker on my computer but it keeps freezing when I go to save. Can anyone help me? Was hoping I could send someone the file to do this which would probably take a few seconds vs. me trying to mess around for hours with this. Thanks in advance

allister

Established Member
Well it's on my computer, I'm sure I can download something but I'm not sure what to safely download, I don't want to download any spyware or other crap. I have windows movie maker but it keeps freezing and closing, it won't let me save it.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Just upload it to YouTube and use the built in editor. You can then share it with whoever you want. It's super easy to use, free, and doesn't require a download

allister

Established Member
Just upload it to YouTube and use the built in editor. You can then share it with whoever you want. It's super easy to use, free, and doesn't require a download

Good enough, Thank you! I'll share the link if anyone cares to see it. The original video was about 3 min long, you can see the eagle on the left side of the road from 1:10 to 1:14sec. I edited it to pretty much just show that part, in slow motion. Not sure how long it will take for the edited changes to take effect

Bald Eagle Sighting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1dMvtubm4s

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Good enough, Thank you! I'll share the link if anyone cares to see it. The original video was about 3 min long, you can see the eagle on the left side of the road from 1:10 to 1:14sec. I edited it to pretty much just show that part, in slow motion. Not sure how long it will take for the edited changes to take effect

Bald Eagle Sighting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1dMvtubm4s

No prob. It will reupload as a new vid. U linked the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread