Need help, down on power and confused

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
Ok before the search Natzi's chime in I've been searching for almost a week now and can't find an answer to my questions, also as soon as I can find my dyno sheet's I'll add those in to the post, I'm reloading my computer and have to relocate them.

Here is my questions, I took my Cobra into the dyno shop a month ago just because I wanted to check my AF since I had changed a few things, this is the same dyno the car was tuned on after the Whipple install and is a Dynojet. Long story short with my only changes being K&N FIPK, Maggie cat back, Denso IT22's gapped @ 32, and tune from RWTD, I seem to missing 30ish rwhp.

Here are my mods:
Whipple 2.3 w/3.25 pulley, Crower stage III cams, BBK LT headers w/catted x-pipe, Maggie catback, Fluidyne HE, BAP, 60# injectors, SCT 2400 MAF, Denso IT22's gapped @ 32, and Xcal 1 w/RWTD tune

We did 2 pulls on the dyno cause it was getting late and I haven't had time since then to get with RWTD or dick with it a whole lot.

1st pull on tune that was already in the car was 478rwhp/506rwtq 13psi of boost 20 degrees of timing 12.4 AF (We forgot to turn on the big fan for air flow :nonono: )

2nd pull w/RWTD tune was 493rwhp/496rwtq w/15psi boost, 19 degrees of timing and 11.7 AF (We remembered the fan this time)

Now I don't think it is the clutch or fuel pumps since both of those were replaced pretty much when the Whipple was installed, and the things that were changed were KB CAI, Stinger catback, and TR6's gapped @ 35 in favor of the K&N FIPK, Maggie catback, and Denso IT22 gapeed @ 32 and the tune from RWTD.

Also I took the car to a Ford dealership that I use and had them run a compression check and was told there was 0% veryance in cylinder compression and told me everything look good to them. Needless to say I am confused and at a loss as to why I went from 539rwhp down to 500 while my rwtq stayed the same, well actually improved 3rwtq.

Now here are some of my thought's and a few things I've noticed, I still drive the car quite a bit and when it gets warm like after I drive it to work I notice the idle drops down to 500rpms when the fans come on, there is a rotten eggs smell when I get out of the car quite a bit, and the car seems to have kind of a sputter from 1000-2000rpm during normal driving when the car is warmed up.

Any help would be most appreciated since at this point I am lost, I realize it may lie in my tune and that with out my dyno graphs you may only be able to help me out so much but any input would be great.

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
Thanks I hadn't thought about that, I was thinking battery but that checked out to fine as well. I'll have to check that out, I was thinking about going to an off road x or h.

Users who are viewing this thread