!!NEED HELP. Dont know about FIPK install!!

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Hey guys... I just installed the FPIK kit. for you guys that have done it, did you guys put the METAL screen back in? The one after the MAF. In the instructions, it doesnt say to do that, but I dont know... I dont know how it will stay in there too, because the original gorrove that it goes into isnt there anymore.. please help guys.. i dotn want to mess anything up. thanks!!!

ilumo

Established Member
sweet! I did :) I just want to know that nothing is gonna happen.. I think my old car used a screen similiar to this one for reading the airflow.. just hope the cobra doesnt use this one.

ilumo

Established Member
I have another question... I started up the car without the MAF plugged in, and got a Check engine soon light. I plugged it back in and the car runs fine. UNless, there is something that is still teling the computer to retard my timing, or give it more fuel, or something... O you guys know how I can clear the code? Im positive its a code to do with the MAF. Or is it ok with the code on there and my car will run fine, and after time it will disappear? thanks!

valdo's toy

Established Member
Leave the screen out, as for the "check engine soon" light disconect the negative terminal of the battery for a few minutes then put it back, that should clear the light. Remember to give the computer a few days so it can adjust and relearn itself with the new mod. Good luck and good hunting!!!

p.s. Your next mod should be a Predator followed by a pulley (2.80 or 2.93) and idler.

ilumo

Established Member
done... I hope that works... unplugging for 20 minutes. I was going to use my OBD2 scanner, but I dont know if that resets it throughly.. hmm.. thanks

ilumo

Established Member
Ohh jeez... you're already prodding me on to mod more.. haha! I am actualyl getting the stingers on tomorrow, and then.. I hope to have a bit of fun before the next mod... ;) I just got the car last weds, sheesh!

Users who are viewing this thread