Need help diagnosing an issue!!

SVT03DAL

Established Member
Ok this is awful but I fell asleep at the wheel of the Cobra while coming home from Boston July 4th weekend and as a result I hit a curb and damaged my passenger front and rear rims. I am in the process of getting replacements for the rims so in the meantime I have my OEM chrome 17's on the car.

HOWEVER, whenever I hit a bump in the road I can hear some clanging/banging coming from what sounds like the front and sometimes the rear passenger side of the car. I don't visually see anything broken or hanging in the suspension area. The tie rods all look fine and as it should be. In addition the car drives/steers fine. I was thinking that possibly I may need to replaced the shocks?? I have H&R Race springs (NO ISOS) up front and stock springs in rear for the moment. Anyone have any suggestion how to figure out what the issue may be?

Thank you!

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Do you have a magnaflow exhaust?
My tailpipe hangers came loose and it was a terrible rattle. I would have never guessed it would have been them but it was. Grab your tailpipe tips and give them a good shake.

Have you tried a mallet or dead blow to tap around?

SV

Users who are viewing this thread