Need Help Deciding

Kenny O.

Established Member
So I just picked up an '01 cobra about two weeks ago, and its fresh into the 100k club. But my mod bug is biting bad already, I was going to start out with gears and a shifter but the rims this guy had on it are just hideous lol. My question is do you think these wheels are worth anything at all? The only way to justify getting new rims/tires is if I could sell these after for a somewhat decent amount to recoup cost
Heres what they look like, they're 20's which I also despise.
photo-3.jpg

I'm not looking to put much money performance wise because I'm worried about how long the car will last, but I was looking at spicing up the sound along with the wheels followed by gears then im done. Do the SLP loudmouth resonators make much difference in sound (Not Raspy)? Youtube clips are impossible to find, it seems everyone is doing off road mid pipes nowadays which I cant because I love CA (sarcasm). I can't afford a catback system and probably wouldnt ever spring for one anyway so Im just looking at mufflers basically.

Cliff notes:
-Think those rims would sell for anything? Tires probably half-life
-Loud/deep sounding muffler recommendation? SLP Loudmouth resonators from AM? (Can't do a full catback)

Ill probably re-word this better later.

Azsnake

Established Member
Sell those rims to a truck/suv guy! Probably squeeze a few hundred dollars out of them? Those don't work with the Cobra's...

Go with a Mac catback or mufflers for the loud and deep catback, I love mine!

Kenny O.

Established Member
I had a Mac exhaust on my '06 and It sounded beastly :) , Looks like its only sold as a catback from what I've seen for cobra's and I cant afford a full catback system. Any thoughts on magnapack mufflers? I like loud and deep, I hate quiet exhaust lol hence why I just assumed SLP right off the bat.

BTW, If anyone cares I'm planning black or black chrome FR500's staggered for the new wheels.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Save your pennies for a full catback. The tubing and bends are usually nicer then the stock stuff. Keep an eye on the market. Way back when I scored a Mac catback for $250 and later on a Borla Stinger set up for $300.

Kenny O.

Established Member
I definitely lurk the markets on a couple forums lol, I got a killer deal on a couple parts on my old '06 awhile back. I just don't want to dump a ton of money into the car and have it unexpectedly crap out, but I can't stand not doing anything! :)

Kenny O.

Established Member
Ill definitely keep an eye out, im just concerned with getting rid of these damn rims first so she can actually start to look good :)

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Hell, if you could pick up a set of stock rims and run those for a while it would be better than the crap on there now. And as everyone has said, keep an eye on the market for good condition cat-backs for sale. I picked up a Magnaflow stainless full cat-back that had already been semi-polished locally for $250.

Kenny O.

Established Member
Hell, if you could pick up a set of stock rims and run those for a while it would be better than the crap on there now. And as everyone has said, keep an eye on the market for good condition cat-backs for sale. I picked up a Magnaflow stainless full cat-back that had already been semi-polished locally for $250.

Haha, I know thats for sure! Im keeping my eye on craigslist too.

Users who are viewing this thread