Need help deciding on a new car

Which should I buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
The background: I'm 6'5" and 220lbs I currently drive a 2002 Z06. I'm looking to upgrade and have it narrowed to two options. An SRT-10 Viper or a C6z06.
I sat in a viper and barely fit, it's really uncomfortable for me but it can work. I fit much better in the new Z06 but like the look of the viper better. I have found great examples of both in the 45k-50k price range and that is where I'm looking to stay. So which one of these would you guys go with and why?

Quick pic of a similar viper
viper.jpg

And of the Z06
031b.jpg

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Zo6, it's the better car in all categories IMO and like you said, you fit better in it. You want it to be a pleasant experience driving the car, not something you have to tolerate.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Now dont get me wrong, i LOVE the Viper Coupes, but i would really much rather have a ZO6.. Relatively less expensive to mod, a couple hundred pounds lighter, and if you fit better in it, thats a huge plus. You gotta be comfortable to really enjoy your car.

darkhorse276

Established Member
Now dont get me wrong, i LOVE the Viper Coupes, but i would really much rather have a ZO6.. Relatively less expensive to mod, a couple hundred pounds lighter, and if you fit better in it, thats a huge plus. You gotta be comfortable to really enjoy your car.

agreed

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
me personally, would go with the viper..thats mostly because it was a childhood dream car for me, and I wouldn't have the height problem that you have..and I oddly enough...would rather not enjoy a comfortable ride, I like feeling every bump and defect in the road when I drive, makes me feel like I have more control and feedback from what the car is doing..

test drive both if you haven't...that will tell you a LOT more than what any of us can tell you..and if you can't decide, give me the money :]

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I voted vette. I don't know exactly how you'll use whatever car. But I know if sitting in one of the cars wasn't comfortable, a long ass drive would suck. Plus isn't the Z06 a better car all around performance wise? The viper does have a bit more exotic flare to it, and atleast in my area they are rare, and to most non-car people the Z06 and the base vette are the same car.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
ZO6

Viper is awesome, but if you dont feel comfortable in it, its going to greatly affect your ability to drive it properly.

Lowrie

Established Member
The viper is by far more of a head turner on the streets, especially to the average joe, but I'd still go for the Z06. Its sleaker, better performing and I, for one, think it sexier and better looking than the Viper.

chimazo

Established Member
Like almost everyone els has said, go with the Z06. You're too tall for the Viper, you'd have a hard time finding an '06 Viper coupe (the one in your pic) with low miles for under $50k, and the Z06 is faster and easier to mod. Sure the Viper is much more unique, but the aftermarket is 1/10th the Corvette's.

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
I was buying a Vette vert until we went to the dealership with our 2 kids and my son was excited about going for cruises.. After that statement I left and bought my 03 Cobra vert instead.. If I didn't need the back seat for the kids I would be rocking my triple black vert..
Drove Vipers and i think they are VERY over rated.. One of the most over rated cars like the Acura NSX people made such a big deal about them and I thought they were over priced crap.. VETTE all the way!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Viper, if it's not a DD. I stress no DD. I'm bigger than you, so it can be done.

Drove Vipers and i think they are VERY over rated.. One of the most over rated cars like the Acura NSX people made such a big deal about them and I thought they were over priced crap.. VETTE all the way!

Sorry, defintitely NOT overrated IMO. Other than being expensive, I fail to see how they've not delivered.

Last edited:

snakecharmer

Established Member
I've driven a few Vipers and if I was filthy rich I'd probably have one just-cause. But every experience I've had with one left me happy to get OUT of it. It just doesn't hold a a candle to the Corvette.

Users who are viewing this thread