NEED HELP! Clutch cable too long w/ T-56

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
I'm pulling the T-56 in my car now to replace a TOB and was also hopeing to take care of this problem. Last year when I swapped in the T-56 the clutch cable was way too long. I had to adjust the firewall adjuster just about all the way out to take out the slck in the cable. The cable, quadrant, & adj. are all from Maximum Motorsports useing the factory style cable. The length was purfect on the T-45 but too long when the T-56 went in.:shrug: The cable isn't more than 2 yrs old on the car. The T-56 is the Terminator spec from D&D with the install kit.
Does anyone have an idea of why the cable is long and how it can be solved? The routing wasn't changed from the original factory routing.

Thanks for your help!!

Helomech74

Established Member
I had this issue too with my original cable when I swapped in my T56. I called Liberty Ford, and ordered a Clutch cable for an 03 Cobra, and the one they sent me was a couple inches shorter. I was always under the impression that the cables were all the same up to 2004, but I guess the 03/04 Cobras had slightly different lengths.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I need an OEM cable. Wanna sell me yours cheap, RedTwilight?
I have a feeling mine is stretched. After all, it IS 10+ years old!

Users who are viewing this thread