Need help choosing color

351inside

Established Member
Guys i have my car stripped down and sanded down at my buddies bodyshop. I had decided on painting it calypso green like the old foxbodies but now im having second thoughts. Friends keep telling me they arent sure it will look good so they have made me think alot. I had it narrowed down to teal blue from the 93 cobra or calypso green. What are your thoughts and ideas? Every reccomendation and critisism welcomed just need to make up my min and choose a color fast... I also gae thought to somekind of orange or red but im undecided! Help please thanks

By the way its a 2011 5.0 which was originally black! Painted it two tone bright atlantic blue and black april of last year but the shop that did it didnt do a very good job so thats why my buddy is doing right this time

N20D5OH

Established Member
93 Cobra Vibrant Red. Or 98 Bright Atlantic Blue. I had a Fox coupe painted that color and it was gorgeous.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Sonic blue... Favorite color by far. If its a choice of ONLY those two colors, I'd go with teal blue :beer:

01GTB

Established Member
You know I can see a calypso Fox coupe today and they still look good. But I don't know about it on a newer car. What about deep emerald green?

Justin81

Established Member
My opinion.

Those specialty color were made iconic on that specific body style. That's not going to have the same effect on a 2011 car. It's the same as seeing an '89 Mustang painted Grabber blue. Just not a match imo.

I would take a look at all the Late model colors on all the late model cars. Lexus, BMW, Ford Edges and such. There's plenty of awesome colors that will look at home on a 2011 Mustang and still stand out of the pack.

Here's a wild card blue for you. GM Arrival Blue. The color is sick in every way. IMO, there's is NO better blue. Viper blue is perfect too. It looks good on EVERYTHING!

Masheen365

Established Member
Sonic blue... Favorite color by far. If its a choice of ONLY those two colors, I'd go with teal blue :beer:

Very similar to Deep Impact Blue. My buddy's SB 04 Cobra and my 13 DIB GT look nearly identical next to each other.

I would think the Flame Blue Mettalic from the F150 would look awesome on a mustang. If they offered it on a Mustang that's what I would have went with.

casper gt

Established Member
I agree on taking a second look at the calypso green, on a modern car it may come off as poor attempt at GHG (first thing I thought when I read this).

for a red, look at 93' viper red, it's a straight non-metalic color but it still changes with the light from a medium red to dark orange depending on the light source.

for blue I'd go with the 150 suggestion above.

what ever you do make shure to do it right, under the hood, the door jambs, trunk, etc, anysign of the original black will be a complete fail.

N20D5OH

Established Member
m5lp_0809_01_z1993_cobra_mustangfront_view_zps81fc3e14.jpg

Vibrant Red!

351inside

Established Member
There's a viper blue it saw that was similar to bright Atlantic blue but seemed more flat as in less metallics! I could never find the paint code for it... Anybody mind posting the picture for me so I can see if I get the code somewhere..

Do you have a paint code for 93 viper red?

Zevox

Established Member
Sunburst orange is a very good color I think. My brother had a Chevy 1500 painted that color but they messed up and painted it SunBURNT orange, it came out a lot lighter of a color but still looked good.
gto-7.jpg

If you want a blue how about that newer Challenger(SRT?) blue. The lighter one though, not the dark blue.
2010_dodge_challenger_srt8-pic-1629839166029212474.jpeg

Jtaugner

Established Member
Sunburst orange is a very good color I think. My brother had a Chevy 1500 painted that color but they messed up and painted it SunBURNT orange, it came out a lot lighter of a color but still looked good.

If you want a blue how about that newer Challenger(SRT?) blue. The lighter one though, not the dark blue.

That's B5 Blue. I've always loved that color on the SRT Chargers and Challengers.

It came on old Super Bees. It's a special edition color now.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
My personal favorite blues are the Lexus LFA blue pearl gotts look up color code or jet stream blue corvette and to toss in a odd ball GT silver metallic from porsche

Users who are viewing this thread