Need help.. car is acting up

Justin

Established Member
Today my car started doing some wierd things. It doesnt want to go over 3k in any gear. It starts jumping like its hitting the rev limiter. Does this make any sense? It also just started running hot and trying to overheat. Not sure if these 2 things actually have something to do with each other or if they just both happened at the same time. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks...

ALA G8R

Banned
More info needed. What are your mods?

If you are overheating, the engine will limit the rpms to protect itself from damage.

Last edited:

jguerrero

Established Member
Sounds like some sort of sensor is out of whack, it must be the computer that is limiting the RPMs. I dont know what kind of mechanical issue could do that. I guess thats good news anyway, sensors are a lot cheaper to replace than engines

:)

mdrobnak

Established Member
The car will go into "limp" mode once the cylinder head temperature sensor reads 110 deg C (thats 230 F I think)...That puts it into a 3k rev limit...DONT DRIVE THE CAR. Call SVT roadside assistance at 1-800-241-3673, and have them tow it to a dealer...Ford says any dealer..I'd say a SVT certified dealer or a Lincoln dealer...seems plain ford dealers are idiots (I'm fighting with one right now..EXACT same issue - I ended up having a leak somewhere..) and saying Ford's denying them warrenty claims..SVT says they shouldnt do that..soo I dunno... Anyways, get your car fixed ASAP.

-Matt

Jpjr

Established Member
Why would a Ford dealer deny the warranty?

This is really pissing me off. It seems like Ford doesn't want to cover anything anymore, based off the countless horror stories I've read on this board.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
If you have a chip and pulley, warranty is void unless you can find a REALLY good dealership....

You need to return it to stock. If you have a chip, you're screwed if they check for a chip install.

Originally posted by Jpjr
Why would a Ford dealer deny the warranty?

This is really pissing me off. It seems like Ford doesn't want to cover anything anymore, based off the countless horror stories I've read on this board.

Jpjr

Established Member
I just have a CAI and cat-back. A Ford dealer told me on the phone that I had voided my warranty. Such BS

mdrobnak

Established Member
Well in my case, my car is completely stock, but the Ford that I brought it to wasn't certified to work on the Cobra...so...I ended up getting it towed to the closest dealer who is certified :-/ Ah well, if they fix my problems, I'll be happy.

-Matt

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Originally posted by Jpjr
I just have a CAI and cat-back. A Ford dealer told me on the phone that I had voided my warranty. Such BS

That does sound like BS .. I'd be going to another dealership .. CAI and CATBACK .. Ford builds this car and expects no one to do "little mods" ... They need to get real

Crowley

Users who are viewing this thread